Reload this Page >

Desktop Mac OS X/Safari: FT defaulting to mobile site

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Desktop Mac OS X/Safari: FT defaulting to mobile site

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by IBobi
Hmm... how are you connecting to the Internet?
ADSL with home hub wireless router. The iMac and multiple iDevices all connect via a home wifi network
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: MR, AA, UA, DL, AVIS and growing
Terrible Web Site User Screen

Recommend going back to OLD style FT web pages!!!

This site has gone down hill in User Interface friendliness.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:02 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Some users are reporting an issue where they are automatically being given the new FT mobile site, even if they are browsing from a desktop/laptop/etc. computer. See this thread for more info, in particular posts #26 and beyond: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...tc-2015-a.html
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If you are taken to the mobile screen, at the bottom of the page is an option to click on for the full site. This happens when I visit FT with my iPad, for example.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 5:09 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
If you are unable to go back to the full site, please flush your cache-cookies and you ought to see the option to return to the full site.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by JDiver
If you are taken to the mobile screen, at the bottom of the page is an option to click on for the full site. This happens when I visit FT with my iPad, for example.
I can do that, but it is frustrating to have to click the full site button each time I click on a link in an FT email on my iPhone. Wish they'd just default to the regular site 100% of the time.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by lo2e
Some users are reporting an issue where they are automatically being given the new FT mobile site, even if they are browsing from a desktop/laptop/etc. computer. See this thread for more info, in particular posts #26 and beyond: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...tc-2015-a.html
I'm not seeing any sort of indication of a pending solution to this problem in that thread.

What is being done to eliminate this behavior? It only recently began to do this, and it must be a coding error. I've never seen it in any other forum.

Greg
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:01 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by greg99
I'm not seeing any sort of indication of a pending solution to this problem in that thread.

What is being done to eliminate this behavior? It only recently began to do this, and it must be a coding error. I've never seen it in any other forum.

Greg
See my several answers on the previous page of this thread.

Tech is aware of this and has offered possible solutions, and also the fact that if you are coming from a mobile hotspot, VPN or proxy IP, you may not be able to get to the full site.

Try flushing your cookies/cache. Short of that, there probably is no way to get to the full site until the next version of the mobile skin is produced. I do not have a time frame on that at this time.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Originally Posted by IBobi
See my several answers on the previous page of this thread.

Tech is aware of this and has offered possible solutions, and also the fact that if you are coming from a mobile hotspot, VPN or proxy IP, you may not be able to get to the full site.

Try flushing your cookies/cache. Short of that, there probably is no way to get to the full site until the next version of the mobile skin is produced. I do not have a time frame on that at this time.
I hadn't seen any "solutions" per se, just suggestions to click on the full site link, which is really a workaround.

Surprising that the mobile skin broke this and it wasn't picked up by QA prior to release.

Greg
Old Apr 7, 2015, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I seem to get this at "random" but I've noticed that if I go onto the FT site with my iPad or cell phone (which is an android) and then go on my computer with an hour or two I'm getting pushed over to the mobile site. Even if I was using the regular site on my tablet or phone.

Not using a proxy, hot spot, or at the moment a VPN.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 7:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
So far, I'm getting the full site on my ipad using safari. I have the app installed but don't like to use it.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
So it just popped over to the mobile site. Nothing on any phone or tablet like before.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 11:41 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm accessing via two different generation iPads, using Safari and Chrome, these days; I've not experienced this.

On my Android based smart phone it occurs most often when I use an e-mailed link to open FT and I have to select the "full site" option.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 10:10 am

Programs: MVCI, MRP
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
Same here, using Safari on a MacBook and I now default to the mobile site. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the banner titled "View Full Site" and all will return to normal.
Me too, using Safari on a Mac and the weird white page showed up a couple days ago. I had no idea there was a mobile site, glad to find the fix in this thread. Thanks!
Old May 3, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM
Miles & Points page keeps going to mobile version

Using a Mac desktop and Safari Version 8.0.5 (10600.5.17), I'm finding that I'm being landed in the mobile version of the page. I then have to use the Full Site link to get to the correct version.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.