Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

The acronyms are out of control here!

Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Avis First

I've seen other forums and website that heavily use acronyms have built in features that let users mouse over the highlighted and underlined acronyms, typically blue in color, and this pops up a little explanation box. This would be a highly useful feature here. I can't even understand 50% of the posts due to all of the acronyms!
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:07 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Check out our Help Section at the top of every page...

Here's the direct link to our Glossary that should help.

You may also want to look through the other options from the dropdown menu in Help. There's also a useful sticky thread in Information Desk Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...tion-desk.html. Generally speaking, the forum stickies in the fora you frequent shall give you some good pointers as well.

I personally use Google when necessary if I read a term I don't understand.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 10:11 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
And please don't be afraid to ask in the thread if you come upon an acronym you can't find by other means. Sometimes I am guilty of using acronyms that I just assume almost everybody know, but I was new once, too.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 11:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some of the major fora on FT (especially legacy airlines) have their own glossary. Look for links in the sticky thread information that you find at the top of such fora.

This is especially useful for people who spend most of their time in one or a few fora here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.