Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pages very slow to load [FT updates all day 4 Mar 2015]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Pages very slow to load [FT updates all day 4 Mar 2015]

Am I alone in this? Pages are incredibly slow to load on both my Mac and iPad - both using Safari. Phone seems ok. So bad on the iPad that it's virtually impossible to use. All other forums and pages I use are fine - it's just FT.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:07 pm
No longer at Internet Brands

Programs: America Advantage
We are making some updates to the FlyerTalk that will be implemented throughout the day. We have our cacheing off during the roll-out so we will see any bugs we missed in QA immediately.

Speed will improve later today - sorry about the delay.

Last edited by IBobi; Mar 4, 2015 at 2:21 pm
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Ah ok. Cheers
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Still hopeless. Been 3 or 4 days now for me. I have to click on a tab then move to another site for a while to let it load and then read. It's almost at the point of being unusable. It can't just be me?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:16 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by thatsthebadger
Still hopeless. Been 3 or 4 days now for me. I have to click on a tab then move to another site for a while to let it load and then read. It's almost at the point of being unusable. It can't just be me?
We have not seen reports that it's slow from other users.

Try clearing your cache and cookies. Try a different browser?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:56 pm
Original Poster

Tried Firefox on the Mac and chrome on the iPad. The news pages are ok, it's the forum pages are the issue. It's taken me about two minutes to open this thread on my phone.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:05 pm

Tried Firefox on the Mac and chrome on the iPad. The news pages are ok, it's the forum pages are the issue. It's taken me about two minutes to open this thread on my phone.
I can't think of a single reason why this would be happening on multiple devices but also only to you and also only on FT.

Have you tried changing you IP?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:12 pm

Only other thing I can suggest is run any AV program you have on your desktop and try again.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:13 pm

Are you in the UK when you're having this issue?
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

Hi
Yes I'm in the UK. My mac is clean and not suffering from any viruses - it would be too much of a coincidence for my mac, ipad and iphone to have malware issues…..
I don't get it either. I've now tried multiple browsers on multiple devices. I've cleared history too. Just everything hangs - pages upload eventually but some minutes later so it's all but unusable. I'll give it a break for a few days and try again. Thanks for your efforts
Old Mar 6, 2015, 4:57 am
Original Poster

What's odd is posting a message like the one above is instant - it's just opening threads which doesn't work so well.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Ok - so I've changed nothing - just been away from my mac for a few hours, and it's fine. Doh. Fingers crossed it stays that way! Cheers.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 2:21 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Is work continuing? Still getting safari crashing and reloading the page (from my other query, was directed here) the last couple of days and already a few times this morning. Is what it is and i could just have a duff phone, just curious if anyone else's iphone does this.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 8:30 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I'm viewing this (full site) with Safari, albeit on an iPad, and am experiencing no issues or slowness (and it's been like this for me since the workday).
Old Aug 26, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: HH Gold
The webpage crashes when I’m looking at this website via iPad. I get this error - A problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded". Any way to fix it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.