Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IBJoel, sorry, to be more specific >

most of the time (but not all of the time) on older ipod (not ipad) >
menu disappears / 'toggles off' instantly when hitting 'mark forum read'

seems less of a problem with ipad, which is what OP is using
but i dont think i have done it nearly as many times on ipad
Old Aug 5, 2016, 3:28 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
IBJoel, sorry, to be more specific >

most of the time (but not all of the time) on older ipod (not ipad) >
menu disappears / 'toggles off' instantly when hitting 'mark forum read'

seems less of a problem with ipad, which is what OP is using
but i dont think i have done it nearly as many times on ipad
Ah! Specificity is always welcomed, thank you. I'll look into this.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 7:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
That's weird -- still happening?
Yes, still happening to me. Not sure what causes it as it's somewhat random, though on a particular thread when it happens, refreshing or searching again for that thread doesn't change anything.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 5:44 am

Phishing on FT, mobile version.

Does anyone else experience phishing when using their phone to spend time on FT? I'm getting it all the time now. The "congrats you win a prize, click OK" stuff. I can't get rid of the window either, so have to clear my history on Safari, which is pretty annoying.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this is a technical question about the FT site rather than either Air Canada or Aeroplan it's been relocated to the venue for such queries, the Technical Support and Feedback forum.

tcook052
Air Canada forum moderator
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:30 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Reported to ad-ops!
Old Dec 11, 2016, 5:57 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Problems with "Mobile New" skin

I semi-randomly/accidentally ended up on Mobile New and it seems promising with what look like "report" and multi-quote buttons, but it doesn't reliably work.

Most of the time it seems I get an error page:

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ')' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(299) : eval()'d code on line 104
This is when opening a thread to the latest post, starting from

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subsc...all&styleid=19

And trying to open, for example

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-new-post.html
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Getting a new mobile skin like Zorak was getting but different problems.

-replying to a message and backspacing quoted text caused the cursor to reposition out of view at the top. iPhone 6s with current version IOS/Safari.

-clickable links to the current forum hierarchy at the top of the page is gone. This was a very nice way to navigate (in a specific airline forum and able to move back to the all airline forums listing) vs needing to go back to the root Forums link and then drill down.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rustykettel
-clickable links to the current forum hierarchy at the top of the page is gone. This was a very nice way to navigate (in a specific airline forum and able to move back to the all airline forums listing) vs needing to go back to the root Forums link and then drill down.
Really appreciate the addition of the multiple quote and moderator links but having the same issue (on my Android) with forum hierarchy as rustykettel.

It's a very bad change if permanent because it makes navigation between forums significantly more difficult and time consuming
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Duke787
Really appreciate the addition of the multiple quote and moderator links but having the same issue (on my Android) with forum hierarchy as rustykettel.

It's a very bad change if permanent because it makes navigation between forums significantly more difficult and time consuming
Agree.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
So now there is no "Mobile New", just "Mobile One" and it seems to force the new mobile skin with the multi-quote buttons etc. Fine by me, so long as it works.

Which it was, sort of:

1. it seemed like if I ever clicked on "View Full Site" (because I wanted to look at a wiki, or see someone's profile details next to the post) then I was unable to switch back to the mobile view. Changing the dropdown to "Mobile One" had no effect. Even forcing "&styleid=19" in the URL doesn't make a different. It also seemed like maybe logging out and back in and/or clearing cookies was the only way to get the mobile skin back.

2. This morning I was getting the "ParseError" mentioned in post #37. I *think* I have figured this out though -- I seem to get the error when my browser (Dolphin on Android) is in Desktop mode. If I switch to Mobile mode the problem goes away. This is extremely irritating because in most cases I want the desktop versions of web sites (especially Facebook so it doesn't keep trying to push me to the Messenger app). It's ridiculous that the browser's User-Agent header can cause FT's PHP code to crash or not depending on what it's set to.

Both of these have in common that the forum software seems far too busy trying to be "smart" about what skin/code to execute based on browser detection. How about, just use the skin I ask for in settings/dropdown menu and don't try to intuit anything past that?
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Duke787
Agree that navigation is much more difficult.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 1:19 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by rustykettel
Getting a new mobile skin like Zorak was getting but different problems.

-replying to a message and backspacing quoted text caused the cursor to reposition out of view at the top. iPhone 6s with current version IOS/Safari.

I'm having that issue on iOS too. Both your request for forum navigation and the quoting bug are being reported.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IBJoel
I'm having that issue on iOS too. Both your request for forum navigation and the quoting bug are being reported.
Looks like forum navigation has been added back (at least on Chrome / Android). Thank you! ^
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel
But they're blowing off my ParseError? I assume the stack trace should be easy to find in the web server logs but let me know if they need any more info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.