Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

FlyerTalk new Mobile Skin issues, glitches, questions etc.

Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:28 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
User setting View full site / Mobile skin (to merge)

make it a user choice what "skin" to use.
Previously one could select to view full site even on s mobile browser and by choosing so it stuck for a few days. That was not perfect but at least it was a workaround.
Now, starting today, it seems this choice is not sticking at all. You switch me to mobile skin for every page refresh. I can opt to see that page in full view, but as soon as i follow a link, the site switches back to mobile skin.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
This is happening to me too. Iphone using Safari.

The mobile forum view is not super intuitive, so I always default to the regular view even when on my iPhone. Now it flips back to the mobile view on every page view. This makes FT unusable for me on mobile.

Please allow mobile users to override the layout.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:06 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
We are aware of this problem and working to fix it. Thank you for the lookout!
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Same, galaxy s6. Very annoying.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 9:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The Community Director stated in her opening post inaugurating the Suggestion Box forum, in the "Welcome, information and guidelines" sticky: "NOTE: Please continue to post about technical issues and suggestions in the Tech Support Forum that Internet Brand (site owner) monitors."

As this is clearly a technical issue that is under current discussion with Admin / Tech, the Technical Support and Feedback forum seems the most effective location for further discussion regarding the mobile skin.

JDiver, Co-Moderator,
Technical Support and Feedback and The Suggestion Box fora

Last edited by JDiver; Dec 22, 2016 at 10:05 pm
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:38 pm
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by Zorak
I semi-randomly/accidentally ended up on Mobile New and it seems promising with what look like "report" and multi-quote buttons, but it doesn't reliably work.

Most of the time it seems I get an error page:

This is when opening a thread to the latest post, starting from

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/subsc...all&styleid=19

And trying to open, for example

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-new-post.html

Zorak, on what platform are you using mobile?
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Zorak, on what platform are you using mobile?
Joel,

Nexus 6P
Android 7.1.1
Dolphin v11.5.16

I have been very consistently getting the error in Desktop mode but not in Mobile mode, but of course, when I went to try to reproduce it just now, it worked fine. Switched from wifi to cellular and tried toggling things again, everything still worked. Then just as suddenly, it stopped working, and now fails 100% of the time in Desktop mode. It's kind of bizarre.

I wonder if it's related to a specific ad(s). Will try to collect more data to see if I can establish a pattern...
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
This is making the mobile experience completely unusable for me. It'd be great to have it fixed soon. The outcome of the semi-sticky UI choice was that I infrequently bother coming to FT now unless I have something specific to post / find. Expecting the experience to be even worse due to no-stickiness makes even those visits unlikely.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 7:18 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
The trouble seems random or limited to some devices, as using iPad and iPad Air 2 (most recent iOS and Safari, Chrome versions) and Android on an LG mobile allow me to select full set or mobile skin and not undo that selection.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:01 pm

Grrr! No infinite scroll on mobile?

As much as I detest the mobile experience its my only option now the ability to make Full View sticky has failed .

My pain is compounded by the discovery that the infinite scroll that I thought used to be there to allow reading of a long thread has disappeared.

I now have to scroll to end, click Full View to get reload of same page but with navigation at bottom to move yo next page.

And another thing, typing this is impossible because the text pane has me typing underneath the Submit button. Who knows what you'll get!

On a Widows 8 Phone.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 12:03 pm
Administrator

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by EsherFlyer
As much as I detest the mobile experience its my only option now the ability to make Full View sticky has failed .

My pain is compounded by the discovery that the infinite scroll that I thought used to be there to allow reading of a long thread has disappeared.

I now have to scroll to end, click Full View to get reload of same page but with navigation at bottom to move yo next page.

And another thing, typing this is impossible because the text pane has me typing underneath the Submit button. Who knows what you'll get!

On a Widows 8 Phone.
There is Infinite Scrolll - can you do a hard-refresh to make sure you have all the latest JavaScript/CSS assets from the CDN? It sounds like there is an issue on the device, potentially because its caching the old javascript for the site.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:06 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Infinite scroll works for me, but only for one page in either direction (i.e. not both directions from the same starting page, whichever one I pick first is it). This is actually just fine by me, as I have the opposite preference and absolutely detest infinite scroll for reasons already mentioned.

However if you do want to jump pages you can tap at the bottom where it says 4/4 or whatever, and enter a number manually. It's a crappy workaround for those who can't scroll and want to, but it saves you the step of switching to the full site interface.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by IBxAnders
There is Infinite Scrolll - can you do a hard-refresh to make sure you have all the latest JavaScript/CSS assets from the CDN? It sounds like there is an issue on the device, potentially because its caching the old javascript for the site.
The Windows 8 phone doesn't have a cache clear function that I could find, but I did get scrolling back by closing all browser windows. Either that did it or something else did.

Originally Posted by Zorak
...absolutely detest infinite scroll for reasons already mentioned.

However if you do want to jump pages you can tap at the bottom where it says 4/4 or whatever, and enter a number manually. It's a crappy workaround for those who can't scroll and want to, but it saves you the step of switching to the full site interface.
I also don't like infinite scroll, but given the lack of ability to make full site sticky and not having the 4/4 footer (presumably missing for similar reasons to scrolling itself) it seemed like the only option .
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
The mobile skin does not stick any longer. I can select it, but as soon as I go to the next page, it reverts to desktop view. The same happened when the infinite scroll for desktop was initially rolled out. It was fixed, but the bug seems to be back again.

Running Chrome on Android version 7.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 5:20 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
The mobile skin does not stick any longer. I can select it, but as soon as I go to the next page, it reverts to desktop view. The same happened when the infinite scroll for desktop was initially rolled out. It was fixed, but the bug seems to be back again.

Running Chrome on Android version 7.
I cleared my browser cache and it sticks again.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.