Community
Wiki Posts
Search

font on home page

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2014, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

font on home page

I sent a request to FT but did not get a response. The home page displays text in bold italics... which means I'm somehow missing whatever font it's supposed to be displayed in (same result in any browser). Does anyone know what font that might be? Thank you
Old Dec 29, 2014, 4:18 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
I don't know the default text but must assume this is local to you as there are no other reports of this.
Old Dec 29, 2014, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Yes, it is local to me. I'm missing whatever font the front page is published in. When someone tells me what the font is, I can correct it. There must be a site programmer who knows?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:10 pm

Ubuntu.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the information. I installed all 13 varieties of Ubuntu and it's not one of those. To be more specific, this applies to the "headlines" on the home page.

Italy Slams TripAdvisor with $600K Fine Over Business Practices & Fake Reviews - displays italics bold

An Italian regulator has fined TripAdvisor $600,000 for improper business practices and allowing false property reviews on the website. - displays normal
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:42 pm

bold
bolditalic
italic
light
lightitalic
medium
mediumitalic
regular
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Yep. Installed all of those. I have no idea why it's happening at FT and not the other 99.9999% of the Internet. The only logical explanation is I'm missing specifically whatever the headline font is. I have installed the entire Ubuntu suite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.