Reload this Page >

Annoying advertisement [audio in adverts disturbing others]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoying advertisement [audio in adverts disturbing others]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Bloody mini one at the bottom of this page.

Sure i'm not alone (please say i'm not) but I normally have 20 tabs open at work, one or two of them maybe FT.

Today was the first time i've had audio ads (I know this as I run the office speakers off my computer for radio) and I couldn't find the source until I spotted it at the bottom of an FT advert. Can't turn sound off. This means I can no longer use FT in the office. Which means I typically won't be using FT.

I can't ....... either as I need to be able to see ads for work. Is there any way of muting FT audio ads or are my FT days numbered?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:00 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by IBobi
The video is allowed to play. Audio is not. If you see one, please take a screen shot.

Paul
They were audio/video ads, playing at the same time as each other, about half a second apart.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:54 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Bloody mini one at the bottom of this page.

Sure i'm not alone (please say i'm not) but I normally have 20 tabs open at work, one or two of them maybe FT.

Today was the first time i've had audio ads (I know this as I run the office speakers off my computer for radio) and I couldn't find the source until I spotted it at the bottom of an FT advert. Can't turn sound off. This means I can no longer use FT in the office. Which means I typically won't be using FT.

I can't ....... either as I need to be able to see ads for work. Is there any way of muting FT audio ads or are my FT days numbered?
Originally Posted by flyingnomadic
They were audio/video ads, playing at the same time as each other, about half a second apart.
If you take a *screen shot* I can have them blocked.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I also experienced the autoplay video w/audio ads for the first time on FT today. No stop/pause/mute button to be found, and two on the same page.

Unfortunately I don't have a screen shot as I immediately closed that tab and then went looking for this thread. Advertisers were Rooms to Go and Home Depot. One of the Flash players also asked for permission to use my webcam?

If they pop up again I'll be sure to grab the screen and post it back here.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Video ads with audio popping up all over FT this afternoon:

Mucinex DM
Airborne Dual Action
Nissan
Gastric Sleeve
Tide,

etc..
Old Mar 9, 2015, 3:53 pm

If you take a *screen shot* I can have them blocked.
Autoplay with audio

EDIT:
It seems to load two to three audio ads at a time. The ad begins with an ad, then plays an animal until it reaches the dot on the seekbar, at which point the next ad plays. Ad below has a sea turtle, though the ad posted above in my original post had a bear catching fish.

Ads this time were for Lysol and Wollite:

Talk about brilliant advertising. Not only did I have to listen to the ad, but I'm screenshotting it and reposting it. Someone at the ad agency deserves a raise

Last edited by scottpenderson; Mar 9, 2015 at 10:55 pm Reason: Added additional content
Old Mar 12, 2015, 2:18 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by scottpenderson
Autoplay with audio

EDIT:
It seems to load two to three audio ads at a time. The ad begins with an ad, then plays an animal until it reaches the dot on the seekbar, at which point the next ad plays. Ad below has a sea turtle, though the ad posted above in my original post had a bear catching fish.

Ads this time were for Lysol and Wollite:

Talk about brilliant advertising. Not only did I have to listen to the ad, but I'm screenshotting it and reposting it. Someone at the ad agency deserves a raise
Thank you for this -- I'll alert our ad-ops team.

Paul
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat, United Silver, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Silver, Hertz PC
I am having ads that auto play with sound on various pages as well. hittinig the skip button just pops out a new page, is there anyway to get them to stop?
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:23 pm

Originally Posted by dc2005b
I am having ads that auto play with sound on various pages as well. hittinig the skip button just pops out a new page, is there anyway to get them to stop?
Possibly, if you take a screen shot of them and post here.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Possibly, if you take a screen shot of them and post here.
How does a screenshot help (it can be a painintheass to post one).

It doesn't work if, for example, we report to you a Gastric Bypass commercial - you can't verify that it's with-sound unless you can see a picture of it?

Just curious...
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by nerd
How does a screenshot help (it can be a painintheass to post one).

It doesn't work if, for example, we report to you a Gastric Bypass commercial - you can't verify that it's with-sound unless you can see a picture of it?

Just curious...
The only way to have a chance at blocking a particular ad is to see what the ad is. We all see different ads displayed, so you must take a pic and send it to us.
Old Apr 8, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Lots and lots of these lately for me. I finally caught one in the act.

Started with Ford. Then played Discovery Cove Orlando. The second ad was almost a minute long - allowing me to find and screencap it:
http://i.imgur.com/5LlsqWy.png
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:19 pm

Had two on the same page. As I was taking a screenshot of the first one, the ad on the bottom of the page started to sound off as well.

Cheerios:
http://i.imgur.com/VkwABYt.png

Experiencing Europe:
http://i.imgur.com/kXmFlbe.png
Old Apr 8, 2015, 1:46 pm

Thank you we will look to block them.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:21 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold

LiveRail ad with audio, looping on top of that so waiting for it to finish is useless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.