Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Criteria for "Must Read" Threads On Homepage?

Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Tegridy Elite

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this, as I don't know who actually selects the stories to link under the "Must Read" column on the FT homepage. But I thought TB would be as good of a place as any. (I see a thread on the Technical Support forum from earlier this year related to "Must Read", but it appears more focused on where the hyperlinks are going (on/off site) so I didn't want to add this post there)

So my question is, who chooses the FT threads to appear under the "Must Read" column? And what are the criteria?

The below story appears there at the moment (5:50 PM EST):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...ts-toilet.html

However, the thread was created at 12:06 AM EST today and locked 52 minutes later. This isn't the first time I noticed a locked thread appearing there. Unless some eager beaver linked to it as a Must Read within those 52 minutes, it seems the thread was added after it was locked. At the very least, it's remaining there more than half the day.

I'm curious what the purpose is of highlighting a thread as a "Must Read" on the home page if it's closed for further comment? (Not sure I'd consider that one of enough broad interest to be a must-read anyway, but I guess that's a matter of opinion)
Old Dec 10, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

or is it automated, by traffic?
Old Dec 10, 2014, 5:37 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
I'm of the belief that "Technical Support & Feedback" may be the best place to get the attention of Internet Brands, who is responsible for that content. The thread will be moved there.

If you do not get a response in a day or two, please send me a PM, and I'll approach one of the IB network people, to see if they can route it to a content person.

Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:49 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
or is it automated, by traffic?
It is not automated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.