Wiki Posts
Search

Blank space when reading threads [page margin rendition errors]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:43 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by lo2e
I am not ad-free (except when I use AdBlockPlus, which is not all the time), and the right side of my page looks exactly like the image CDKing posted, including the small gray box immediately under the blue FT header.
You have been in the ad-free group since 2012
Old Dec 3, 2014, 1:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
The blank space now appears on the left and right side of threads.

I'm getting this version too, but apparently only on some fora. Plus, in the upper right corner, my turquoise box is still of a different shade, brighter and darker, almost like a bright version of the color of the airplane.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Hopefully it's fixed.

It started about 2:00pm EDT yesterday. Prior to that - for years - everything displayed full screen. Yesterday morning the home page, the main forum pages, showed full screen. Click on an individual thread & suddenly the screen shrinks, shifts left & a white 'gutter' appeared. I checked it on my laptop using Chrome & IE. I checked it on my Kindle Fire HD. Same issue. Prior to early aft yest, no problem. Sent IB screen shots & described the problem.

Today problem still ongoing most of today. Now within the last 30 minutes things seem to be back to normal. Hopefully it sticks.

Cheers.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Hopefully it's fixed.

It started about 2:00pm EDT yesterday. Prior to that - for years - everything displayed full screen. Yesterday morning the home page, the main forum pages, showed full screen. Click on an individual thread & suddenly the screen shrinks, shifts left & a white 'gutter' appeared. I checked it on my laptop using Chrome & IE. I checked it on my Kindle Fire HD. Same issue. Prior to early aft yest, no problem. Sent IB screen shots & described the problem.

Today problem still ongoing most of today. Now within the last 30 minutes things seem to be back to normal. Hopefully it sticks.

Cheers.
Still a mess on iPad, have to enlarge almost all pages.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 3:58 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by lo2e
I am not ad-free (except when I use AdBlockPlus, which is not all the time), and the right side of my page looks exactly like the image CDKing posted, including the small gray box immediately under the blue FT header.
You get ad free as a thank you for your service as an ambassador.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Still a mess on iPad)
And on Chrome on Windows. Forcing wide scrolling.

Please fix asap.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:16 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by cblaisd

Please fix asap.
Bolding mine: And on Safari using my Mac Laptop
Old Dec 3, 2014, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Hopefully it's fixed.

Cheers.
It's back to full size, though I can now scroll left and right in the threads. This was not an option until today.

Firefox on a Mac

Last edited by FriendlySkies; Dec 3, 2014 at 5:07 pm
Old Dec 3, 2014, 5:54 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Page Expands Way Past Screen

Starting yesterday, when in a thread the page expands so far horizontally that I have to constantly scroll back and forth to read anything. Happens in both Chrome and Firefox (Windows).

Note this is only within a thread - everywhere else on the site the display is fine. Haven't changed any browser or other settings. Thanks.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 7:30 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Now the posts in threads look OK for me, but I'm still seeing the turquoise box to the right of the airplane and "My FlyerTalk" icon.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Now the posts in threads look OK for me, but I'm still seeing the turquoise box to the right of the airplane and "My FlyerTalk" icon.
What he said.

The gray is gone, my page margins are normal (iPad Air 2, Chrome and Safari).
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Making both iPad users and the other group have a normal FT browsing at same time?

Originally Posted by cblaisd

Please fix asap.
Originally Posted by 84fiero
Starting yesterday, when in a thread the page expands so far horizontally that I have to constantly scroll back and forth to read anything. Happens in both Chrome and Firefox (Windows).

Note this is only within a thread - everywhere else on the site the display is fine. Haven't changed any browser or other settings. Thanks.
As I just reported in the other thread, I'm seeing it too on an ipad2 with safari.
Now the posts in threads look OK for me,
Originally Posted by JDiver
What he said.

The gray is gone, my page margins are normal (iPad Air 2, Chrome and Safari).
It appears when IB fixed the iPad blank page, those of us using Windows are getting the "wider stick."

On Firefox/Windows. Now every thread is growing fat on my screen! FT was normal for me 12 hours ago. What did IB do to break it for us non-iPad users during the last 12 hours?

ETA:
Don't know if it matters but I just found out after logout, the thread view went back to normal. The fat screen phenomenon only happens when I log in (making posts, sending RBPs..etc).

Last edited by lin821; Dec 4, 2014 at 2:43 am Reason: ETA
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by lin821
It appears when IB fixed the iPad blank page, those of us using Windows are getting the "wider stick."

On Firefox/Windows. Now every thread is growing fat on my screen! FT was normal for me 12 hours ago. What did IB do to break it for us non-iPad users during the last 12 hours?

ETA:
Don't know if it matters but I just found out after logout, the thread view went back to normal. The fat screen phenomenon only happens when I log in (making posts, sending RBPs..etc).
FWIW, I tried viewing while logged out, and still experienced the problem.

btw, didn't something similar happen a year or so past, when some fix to a mobile display issue jacked up Windows rendition?
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
FWIW, I tried viewing while logged out, and still experienced the problem.
To my surprise, the page rendering will go back to normal when I log out. I don't know why. I do have FF w/AdBlcok Plus, if that would make any difference.

btw, didn't something similar happen a year or so past, when some fix to a mobile display issue jacked up Windows rendition?
We are thinking about the same thing. More discussion on that unbelievable "fix" in the other thread back in 2013.

That's why I titled my Post#27, "Making both iPad users and the other group have a normal FT browsing at same time?"
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:26 am

I had been on FT at work on IE this morning, and it was still showing up fine on that browser. However, a couple of minutes ago I came back, and now the problem is present on IE as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.