Unpost a Thread??

Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Unpost a Thread??

Hi all,

I am new to FlyerTalk, and I would like to ask if there is a way to unpost a thread as I have accidentally clicked the "Submit New Thread" button before completing my post.

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
This is your only post, so you have no other threads started.

Welcome to FT.

In the future, you can ask a mod to close a thread by hitting the red triangle at the bottom of a post.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:55 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
As a new user, your first post could be waiting moderator approval before it appears in public, particularly if it contains a link to a web site. If you recall what forum you posted in, you could send a message to the moderator of that forum asking them to delete it rather than approve and post it. The moderators are listed on the bottom right side of each forum.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by 9VSWU
Hi all,

I am new to FlyerTalk, and I would like to ask if there is a way to unpost a thread as I have accidentally clicked the "Submit New Thread" button before completing my post.

Thanks in advance!
You want to unpost a thread whose topic is how to unpost a thread? I'm not sure I follow the logic. Welcome to FT, though, and please continue to join the discussion here. The short answer is that you can edit your post to remove the content, or ask a moderator to remove it completely.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:42 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You can always edit your post if you have not completed it, no need to delete the thread. Once posted, there is an 'Edit' button at the bottom right of your post.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 9:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It sounds like the OP really just wants to edit the post, not delete the thread and start over, which would create more work for the mods.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 12:33 am

I agree with you nux. 9VSWU, If your post is visible for public then you want to chance something in your post there is an option to edit its text, formatting even you can edit images and url. Click on edit button it will open in edit mode. Then change your post and click on save button. Your changing will appears in your post. Same as in editing mode you can delete your post.IN some communities this options is available in editing mode. But here it is not available.

Last edited by rolaster; Sep 23, 2014 at 12:39 am
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk. Your query has been moved to the technical support forum.

As has been noted by other FTers, if you hit "submit" too soon, you are able to go back and edit the post once it appears in the forum. Just click on the button in the lower right corner of your post.

If you want a thread closed, or deleted entirely, you must submit a request to the forum moderator(s) via the button in the lower left corner of every post.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.