Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

no more android app? [no - no current plan for Android app]

Old May 2, 2016, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Currently there is no "official" FlyerTalk Android app supported by Internet Brands / FlyerTalk. There is currently no plan for such a product in the future.

The "flyertalk" app by devproapps_android is available through the Google Play store is not supported by FlyerTalk.

On mobile devices, one may choose to access FlyerTalk full site using a web browser of your choice or using the mobile skin from m.flyertalk.com.
Print Wikipost

no more android app? [no - no current plan for Android app]

Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:21 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by 84fiero

If they can actually pull off a legit mobile version then it would be fine.
It does sound like that's where they're headed at IB.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM; Hilton Diamond; Marriott LT Titanium; Long live SPG... f MAR
If there are no plans for a new android app, can we have access to the old one to manually install? I just reset my phone this week and learned the app is no longer available. That's pretty disappointing... It wasn't the best but it worked just fine to browse what I needed.

Edit: nevermind, I went here and it installed even though I couldn't find it in the play store:http://go.flyertalk.com/android

Last edited by hoyt; Apr 24, 2015 at 11:34 am
Old Jun 24, 2015, 5:56 pm

Hi there. First post but thought I should let any future FTers know that the link Hoyt posted is no longer valid. Bummer. Was looking forward to using the FT app for my Android for my upcoming Paris trip. Will have to install on my iPhone then. :-\
Old Jul 22, 2015, 11:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AA-EXP/DL-Diamond/UA-100K/Hyatt-Globalist/Hilton-Diamond/Marriott-Titanium - Many more....
I just upgraded to lollipop and lost the menu functionality. I lived on that app when flying. The mobile website and skin approach is so 80s. I am not sure who decided not to support a site specific app but it is making me think that milepoint has the right idea.

Very disappointed.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:35 pm

no more android app? [no - no plan for Android app]

I see an app just uploaded to Google Play store today called "flyertalk" by devproapps_android. It has the right logo but only one download so far! Is this a legit FlyerTalk Android app?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:56 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Mistizoom
I see an app just uploaded to Google Play store today called "flyertalk" by devproapps_android. It has the right logo but only one download so far! Is this a legit FlyerTalk Android app?
It is not.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by IBobi
It is not.
Can't you bring it back FT apps on my iPhone? Can you have reconsider again? I would like to used FlyerTalk app on my iPhone.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 8:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Frankly, site-specific apps are a dying technology. What we are and have been working on is a *mobile skin* that you'll be automatically sent to when you log in from a mobile device, whether it be iphone, android, tablet, etc.
Originally Posted by acvitale
The mobile website and skin approach is so 80s. I am not sure who decided not to support a site specific app but it is making me think that milepoint has the right idea.
Gotta love the total contradiction.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: BA Avios, UA MP, AA, Choice, Club Carlson
Old app

The old app worked until maybe a month ago with the website up date.

Sad.

I dont go on ft as often now.
Old May 2, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: Emirates Silver, BA, Flying Blue, Virgin, IHG
Just upgraded to new phone. Hardly go on FT now there is no app.
Old May 2, 2016, 4:47 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Originally Posted by HelloKittysMum
Just upgraded to new phone. Hardly go on FT now there is no app.
Can TalkBoard do anything about this reversion to 1985 technology or are we stuck in the world of evil corporate overlord Internet Brands? Seriously, it's 2016 - my maid has an app and yet this website doesn't?
Old May 2, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Can TalkBoard do anything about this reversion to 1985 technology or are we stuck in the world of evil corporate overlord Internet Brands? Seriously, it's 2016 - my maid has an app and yet this website doesn't?
Just open FT in your mobile browser and it will automatically send you to the mobile skin, which is remarkably similar to the interface and functionality of the old app, except that the skin actually works.

You can even turn the FT home page (or whatever page you prefer) into a button on your phone, making it even more app-like.
Old May 3, 2016, 8:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
Internet Brands / FlyerTalk technical issues and decisions are beyond the TalkBoard's purview.
Old May 4, 2016, 9:58 am

Just open FT in your mobile browser and it will automatically send you to the mobile skin, which is remarkably similar to the interface and functionality of the old app, except that the skin actually works.

You can even turn the FT home page (or whatever page you prefer) into a button on your phone, making it even more app-like.
The problem with that vs. an app (hello tapatalk) is that usually:

the browser is slower than the mobile app

At least on my Galaxy S4 with Firefox browser.

I wonder if a poll was started what the results would be (tapatalk support vs. mobile browser experience). I personally would prefer the app.

Sounds like a lot of others would as well.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by hurnik
The problem with that vs. an app (hello tapatalk) is that usually:

the browser is slower than the mobile app

At least on my Galaxy S4 with Firefox browser.

I wonder if a poll was started what the results would be (tapatalk support vs. mobile browser experience). I personally would prefer the app.

Sounds like a lot of others would as well.
It would never be TapaTalk. That's a 3rd party app. For the foreseeable future, it will be the mobile skin. Perhaps we will see another FT app at some point. But we are focusing on improving the skin.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.