Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possible to shorten Forum Jump list?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 10:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Possible to shorten Forum Jump list?

With new fora being created, would it be possible to remove some lines from the Forum Jump list to make it easier and faster to scroll to find the forum one wants? Or is there some technical reason that this cannot be done or would be difficult/expensive//time-consuming to do?

In particular, I see no reason to list subfora that are closed to posting as these can be found easily by going to the top of their parent forum. I'm thinking especially of the PMDL and PMNW subfora in the DL forum and the old CO and old UA subfora in UA. There might be other examples, but these two are immediately obvious cases where I suspect few people aim to go there. Soon the AA forum will have two similar subfora closed to posting when the AA/US merger gets to a certain point in its implementation.

Something else that IMO would be candidates for deletion from the Forum Jump list are the headings for groups of fora that don't have any posts: Airlines, Hotels, Destinations, Community, etc., although this change would require more thought regarding its desirability.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.