Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

New members' PM rights / limit 5 Private Messages per day

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 17, 2014, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
New Member Limited to Five PMs Per Day

New members have an allowance of five Private Messages (PMs) per day until they are contributive members with a significant post history. If you have allowed members to e-mail you, they may also use that function. This is true even if a new member has made no posts (and post count can be altered by Moderators under certain circumstances).

We won't reveal the required number to withhold that information from spammers. We will not give a waiver and allow a greater number than five PMs per day to any new member. Merely participate as a member of our community and the limit will be lifted automatically.

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)
Print Wikipost

New members' PM rights / limit 5 Private Messages per day

Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK - Gold, Kris - Gold, QFF - Points
Admin contact, maximum PM per day

Hi Guys,
I'm a new member, but have been actively contributing to threads wherever I can.

Can you explain the PM thresholds to me? I'm trying to respond to a question i've been asked but keep getting the following error:

You have exceeded the maximum number of private messages per day. This limit is removed after you become an established community member. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is in error.

Can you advise when this limit gets removed, or what it is per day? Or how best to contact an admin

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 11, 2017, 10:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ttep
Can you advise when this limit gets removed, or what it is per day? Or how best to contact an admin
Your question has been asked before here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-feedback-386/
Newbie's have limits to stop spamming.
To contact a moderator click the red-blue circle to the left. Moderators are volunteers, so may take some time to get back to you. They have a normal life outside of FT
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:22 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just to be clear, the moderators do not have the ability to change the daily PM limit, and would not be able to directly assist the OP. The request would need to be submitted to the Technical Support team who work for Internet Brands, the owners of FT.

This would probably best be addressed in the Tech Support forum, or by PM to Ibobi when the ability to send is available again.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
This would probably best be addressed in the Tech Support forum, or by PM to Ibobi when the ability to send is available again.
I think newbie's have the ability to PM moderators (and admin?) even when the daily PM limit is reached.
From what I have read on FT before, the personal limits are very unlikely to be revised upwards on request from a newbie.
Old Jan 12, 2017, 3:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk ttep.

Please follow the redirect as we send this to our tech forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jan 12, 2017, 2:09 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
Newbie's have limits to stop spamming.
Simple as that! Just keep on FTing conscientiously, and your abilities will only increase with time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.