Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Coupon Connection related issues (prior to 15 Apr 2014)

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (moderators can edit this wikipost):

The Coupon Connection forum has gone offline due to issues with American Airlines closing accounts based on certain transactions. It is expected to reopen soon, with new Rules.

The announcement about the closure:

Coupon Connection will be going offline

After serious discussions between the Coupon Connection moderators and me about the issues that have come to the forefront in the past 24 hours, the decision has been taken to take the Coupon Connection Forum offline for the time being. I anticipate that this will happen yet today.

The moderators will be doing some forum cleanup and developing new guidelines before we re-open the forum.

At this time, we cannot predict when the forum will be reopened.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...fline-657.html

The Coupon Connection is expected to open soon, as the Forum Moderators, Admin and the Community Director have this issue under advisement and will soon notify the community of any major changes. We apologize for the inconvenience.

As there will be new guidelines and conditions when it is reopened, posts prior to the date of closure, 15 April 2014, have been archived to this thread.

The current, active thread can be found here: The Coupon Connection and related issues

Meantime, following are the guidelines and information pertinent prior to the time of closure.

Q. What is The Coupon Connection?

A. The Coupon Connection
The exchange forum for legally transferable coupons issued by various frequent traveler programs. This is N-O-T a forum for anything related to the buying, selling or barter of awards.

Q. What are the requirements for admittance?

A. The current requirements for admission privileges to The Coupon Connection Forum are: a member must have 180 days of tenure on FlyerTalk and 180 (constructive) posts on FlyerTalk.

The Coupon Connection is intended for active participants and contributors to the airline/hotel/miles/points boards, granted as a privilege and for personal use - it is not an automatic right or perquisite of membership.

Q. How can I find The Coupon Connection?

A. If you qualify for admission, when you are signed in and look at the FlyerTalk Forums listing, toward the end of the listings you will find the Community group of fora listed, including CommunityBuzz! FlyerTalk Cares! and second from the end in this section, The Coupon Connection. (Or see the link above.)

Q. I do not / no longer see The Coupon Connection on my Forum listing!

A. If you do not see The Coupon Connection as a Forum display in your lists, you have not been granted admission, or admission may have been withdrawn (the most common reasons might include post padding - rapid or contentless posting - spending much of your time / posting in Coupon Connection attempting to trade, offering to sell or buy, etc.

Q. How can I learn more about The Coupon Connection?

A. When you are granted access, familiarize yourself with The Coupon Connection TOS in the "Welcome" message and in the stickies. Until then, enjoy and benefit from the amazing knowledge of FlyerTalk members.

The following is a note updated in March, 2005 by Randy Petersen regarding access to the forum:

"What we value most on FlyerTalk is dialog about the topic of miles and points. It's in our history and in our souls. The Coupon Connection grows out of the familiarity of Community, which is actually a good thing. However lately we've found that new members have become members of FlyerTalk to take advantage of the generosity of The Coupon Connection. I have strong feelings that this is not the best direction for FlyerTalk. As a result, we've instituted a feature of FlyerTalk that will limit access to The Coupon Connection to those members we feel have contributed enough to FlyerTalk to enjoy the benefits of posting on this forum. The idea that by posting in the miles, points and travel forums, members will better familiarize themselves with the other members they may exchange with later and have developed a sense of respect for the Community we call FlyerTalk. We feel that it's better to give first into the Community of FlyerTalk by way of content, advice and information than it is to be lined up at the goodie wagon. I feel that becoming part of the Community of FlyerTalk will go a long way toward enjoying the other benefits of this wonderful group of people. "

Cheers,
Randy.

The Coupon Connection should be viewed as a 'small secret for those who have contributed over time to the content that helps our many members. Coupon Connection access requires 180 days of FlyerTalk membership and 180 posts. Attempting to obtain access through post-padding or rapid-posting will result in the loss of Coupon Connection privileges, regardless of the content of such posts.
When The Coupon Connection is reopened and you have access, this link will take you there; if you do not, it will not work and you will get the following message: (it will not work during the closure.)

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  • Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • This forum may require additional account pre-requisites that you don't current have. Check the Announcements for this forum to see if you're required to have a minimum number of posts already, etc.
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Coupon Connection related issues (prior to 15 Apr 2014)

Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, PC AMB, Hyat Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Post ARCHIVE: Coupon Connection related issues (prior to 15 Apr 2014)

Am I going mad , but can't see the above forum anymore....I am signed-in

Last edited by oliver2002; Apr 26, 2013 at 12:40 am Reason: moved notes to wiki
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:05 am
Community Director Emerita

Coupon Connection was moved to the Community section recently. Have you been looking for it there, or in its long time location higher in the forum order?

SanDiego1K
Coupon Connection Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 9, 2012 at 2:46 pm Reason: correct thread link
Old Oct 11, 2005, 1:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, PC AMB, Hyat Diamond, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Ahh.......thanks for that ^
Old Oct 17, 2005, 9:23 am

Programs: CX DM, Marriott Plat, SPG lifetime, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Chairman's Club
Just 2 more posts and I'm in! again!
Old Oct 18, 2005, 1:05 pm

Its been a little while since I have been on the forum - have they changed the requirements to teh Coupon Connection?
Old Oct 18, 2005, 4:11 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Tmstewar2
Its been a little while since I have been on the forum - have they changed the requirements to teh Coupon Connection?
Yes, Randy instituted a change so that 90 days membership on FlyerTalk is required, along with 90 posts.

cblaisd
Moderator, Coupon Connection
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: UAL 1K, QF, SPG-G, HILTON
I've had more than a year but I guess I need the 90 post now. should be soon.
Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2006, 9:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by tailfirst
I've had more than a year but I guess I need the 90 post now. should be soon.
Thanks
Did some of your posts go missing? History shows your first post was only 5 days ago.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 4:33 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
I cannot access the Coupon Connection, I have been here for more than 90 days and have 90 posts.
Old Aug 12, 2006, 4:39 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by N334AA
I cannot access the Coupon Connection, I have been here for more than 90 days and have 90 posts.
Have you logged off and then logged back in?
Old Aug 12, 2006, 4:51 pm

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
That worked, thanks for your help!
Old Aug 13, 2006, 8:54 pm

Programs: AA Explat / UA Silver
I can't seen the coupon connection even though I logged out and then in.

Matt
Old Aug 13, 2006, 10:23 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Why the hurry?

If you've only just passed the threshold it may take a while for the FT servers to recognise that.
Old Aug 14, 2006, 10:00 am
Tim at WebFlyer

Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Why the hurry?

If you've only just passed the threshold it may take a while for the FT servers to recognise that.
This is correct access is not given immediately upon filling the requirements, but they are updated once per hour, so you may have to wait a little while for the forum to show up upon meeting the requirements. Thanks,

Old Oct 8, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: MARR Plat, RCC, UA1K MM Nat EX Elite HH DIA 2 Bks B/Chip Stamps
Had made the 90 days and 90 posts but could not access as well.

Guess I'll wait the hours or so for the servers to catch up. Already did the log out and log in again.

thanks!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.