Community
Wiki Posts
Search

S.P.A.M. conga question/complaint

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

S.P.A.M. conga question/complaint

I was wondering if there some sort of official/unofficial limit to the length of the queues in the congas in S.P.A.M.?

I just recently found this site, and my first post happened to be in the befrugal conga as I needed to make a purchase. So, I used the referral and posted mine up as well, but it was sent to moderation because of the links as I found out. Well, someone else posted in the meantime and I was told my post would not be approved because the mod didn't want the queue to grow!

I can certainly understand the need to keep things manageable, but it would be nice if there could be posted some guidelines about this sort of thing. I wonder how many other new users have been rejected as well and it certainly leaves a sour taste in my mouth about the site.

If new users are not welcome to use the congas that should certainly be posted as well so people don't waste their time.
Old May 27, 2014, 11:15 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to Flyertalk!

The best way to handle your question about the length of the thread and your post deletion is to direct your inquiry to the S.P.A.M. Moderator, Spiff. (You can use the Private Message system to contact him, or you can use the "Alert a moderator to this post" function (radio button brings up a form).

Complaints about moderation are best directed to the Community Director - e-mail to [email protected] will work. (A link is included in the Rules, which may also be worth checking for the differences between this community BBS and others you may have participated in previously.)

We do not advertise the fact that very early posts containing links will be sent to a moderation queue as part of our spam control methodology; to do so would be to provide a little more assistance to spammers and would-be spammers.

Though we have automated means to dispose of some spam, we value our members sufficiently to give the benefit of a doubt and send posts with potential threads (links, hidden or not, to other sites, graphics, etc.) for manual checking before they are approved (or properly disposed of) by our volunteer moderators.

It may take some time for a particular post to come to our attention. We are volunteers, and though we have training and dedication to this BBS, we also work, travel, go on holidays (this weekend in particular most of our US-based moderators were off barbecuing or enjoying the holiday).

We apologise for the frustrations you've encountered in your initial contact with the Flyertalk community. I hope your time on FlyerTalk will prove as productive and enjoyable as mine.

JDiver
Senior Moderator

P.S. Those Rules also indicate moderator actions should be discussed with the moderator(s) in question or the Community Director rather than in public fora; I'll now close this thread.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.