Dodgy advertisers

Old Mar 26, 2014, 2:49 pm

I've just had another game - something like Brave ? pop up. It just opened up spontaneously.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 2:04 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Having our ad-ops team look into it.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:33 pm

Another one tonight - again from Sonru - something and Castelez. Again on an iPad. I always close it immediately.
Old Mar 28, 2014, 4:35 pm

Sorry to hear that, quitecontrary. This is a difficult one to track down since you are currently the only one reporting it -- but our ad-ops team is looking for the culprit and hopefully will have it soon. We appreciate your patience.

Paul
Old Mar 29, 2014, 3:07 am

Yes it does seem a bit strange that it's only me - the last 2 have only happened once but they are definitely by the same company as Game of War which came up quite a few times - maybe if it only happens once people have ignored it. Thanks for you efforts.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 4:20 am

Sorry it's me again - just had another Sonru Record game - Castle of thrones or some such rubbish!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Sorry it's me again - just had another Sonru Record game - Castle of thrones or some such rubbish!
Ditto, they appear to be back after a few weeks of peace
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:35 am

Just happened again as I came back to this thread - this time Tribez and Castlez - again Sonru!

And again this morning when on the Luxury Hotel Forum - when I went back to the page I saw the advert for the game right at the bottom of the page under the bit where it says "my Flyertalk - contact us" etc.. I definitely didn't click on it as I was higher up the page.

Last edited by quitecontrary; Apr 7, 2014 at 2:55 am
Old Apr 7, 2014, 4:51 pm

We can try to identify the network that is serving the ads, but we need your help.

We can start tomorrow by turning off the potential offenders one at a time (probably one each day) and seeing which one results in the ads disappearing.

Let us know if you can help by reporting to us when the ads are no longer there as you've been seeing them, and we can begin.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 3:27 pm

Didn't have anything again until just now - again Tribez and Castelez from Sonru - it opened up in the App page and when I went back to the Luxury Hotel forum it was the advert at the top of the page.
Old May 28, 2014, 1:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Saw an ad for JetnSave on the FT.com front page today. This company is a known mileage broker, you may want to remove their ads from FT.
Old May 28, 2014, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Saw an ad for JetnSave on the FT.com front page today. This company is a known mileage broker, you may want to remove their ads from FT.
Removed, thanks Oliver.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.