Wiki Posts
Search

Curious about something, not sure where to post [airline forum list order]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Curious about something, not sure where to post [airline forum list order]

When I look at the list of airline forums, they are mostly in alphabetical order except for KLM - why is that just shoved in there randomly?

I've noticed the US Airways is now moved up under AA, but that's understandable, but I'm just curious how KLM got that position?

Just wondering.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:59 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
When I look at the list of airline forums, they are mostly in alphabetical order except for KLM - why is that just shoved in there randomly?

I've noticed the US Airways is now moved up under AA, but that's understandable, but I'm just curious how KLM got that position?

Just wondering.
Presumably because it's next to Air France - KLM & Air France being one and the same these days.

Similarly I believe the old Northwest site is next to Delta
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Ok, that makes sense. I now see a few others that have been moved due to different mergers, etc. KLM just jumped out at me since it was in the middle of all the A's.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
KLM Flying Dutchman and Air France Frequence Plus are owned by the same company, Air France - KLM, and share a Frequent Flyer Program called "Flying Blue" (also the FFP of Air Europa, Kenya Airways, and TAROM). The location of these two airlines in the fora listing relates to their ownership (and FFP sharing).

As this is not about American Airlines, it has been moved to the Technical Support and Feedback Forum.

JDiver
senior moderator
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
This TB discussion thread may also help:

Time to re-task forums for discussion of companies rather than their FF programs?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.