Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How to link a url without including the actual url in the message?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat

I'm envious of those that do this, and would like a pointer on how to pull it off.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 1:56 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Explore
I'm envious of those that do this, and would like a pointer on how to pull it off.
Flyertalk

When you use the LINK button, it asks you to enter the URL you want to submit. Do so; then when you are brought back to the edit screen for your post, the part that is highlighted for you is the part where you can enter the text you want displayed in blue. You can just change that part & you're good to go.

For instance, above, I changed the highlighted text from the url www.flyertalk.com to the word "Flyertalk."
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by Explore
Check out this master thread to learn more tricks and become another cool FTer on the block:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...xperience.html
Old Nov 6, 2013, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Thanks....I've put the url link to work already....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.