change email address / change Facebook to FlyerTalk logon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: *alliance G || skyteam Elite || etihad gold || hhonors gold || le club platinum

hi guys, is there any possiblity to login with my current ft account without my facebook account?

want to change my email address but my account is currently linked to my fb profile, so i don't know my pw and can't any details in my profile.

thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
You can do this by sending a PM from your account to IBobi, who can edit your profile accordingly and undo the fb link.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 11:35 am
Former admin -- do not contact with site issues

Hi DancePlaza,

I can help you with the transition from Facebook Connect account to Regular account. I will PM you with directions! Please feel free to contact me if you have any other questions.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
I would need some help with the same thing. Currently my email is listed with the fb-proxy-email [email protected]. I honestly don't re,e,ber if I have a password or not, but I've tried updating the email address with a bunch of different passwords but without luck.

So, if someone could assist me here I would be grateful. It would be easier to not having to use the fb connect, since I travel alot to China. Using the forum without VPN would be simpler and quicker I guess.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:30 am
Former admin -- do not contact with site issues

Hi johhenrik,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Here is how we can transition your FB connect account to a regular account:

1.) Log in to FlyerTalk through FB Connect

2.) Send me (IBpark) a private message (not email) from that account, giving me an email address you want to use.

3.)I will unlink your account from Facebook, add the new email address, and will then change the password to a TEMPORARY PASSWORD

4.) I will send you a private message with the new temporary password. You will have to log out and log back in, and then change your password using MyFlyerTalk, Edit Email and Password.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be waiting for your PM

Originally Posted by johhenrik
I would need some help with the same thing. Currently my email is listed with the fb-proxy-email [email protected]. I honestly don't re,e,ber if I have a password or not, but I've tried updating the email address with a bunch of different passwords but without luck.

So, if someone could assist me here I would be grateful. It would be easier to not having to use the fb connect, since I travel alot to China. Using the forum without VPN would be simpler and quicker I guess.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Excellent, thanks! Will do it tomorrow when Im on a computer.
Old Aug 13, 2017, 2:14 pm

I'm having the same issue. I was going to message IBpark but it says they are no longer an admin so I didn't want to bother them. What should I do?
Old Aug 13, 2017, 3:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by dcman
I'm having the same issue. I was going to message IBpark but it says they are no longer an admin so I didn't want to bother them. What should I do?
Message IBobi or IBJoel

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.