Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT iOS app 1.4 discussion and feedback

NOTE: The app is not supported nor available through the App Store. The app will no longer work at all since the 28 March 2016 revisions to FlyerTalk.

FT iOS app (v. 1.4 is the most recent) is not currently available, nor is it supported. See IBobi's post, duplicated here:

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's not fixable. It's a core software functionality and can't be addressed at this time. We know what's causing it, and it would require a huge development effort for something that is essentially a minor, periodic annoyance. We'd much rather spend that time developing the new site features we're working on instead.

As to the App crashes, we are no longer supporting the app in its current form and have recommended using the full site on a mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome for the time being.

Thank you for your understanding.
Originally Posted by IBobi
Closing thread -- app is no longer functioning, and has not been available on app store for years nor supported by tech team.

Please use either the mobile skin or the full site on your mobile browser until such time as a new app is available. Thank you!
(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2013, 7:34 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Another issue for me-when a post has a web page in it, in the past I would select the post which would open that post so I could click on the link which in turn would open the link in safari. Now when I click on the link, I get a blank page within the ft app itself with my only option being a back button. Mind you, I much prefer the link to open within the app vs safari but it doesn't work

Also, anyone else noticing a "null" thread in various forums?
Old Jul 18, 2013, 12:25 pm
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Some posts are not being fully displayed as well. The last sentence is omitted etc.

Overall. A poor release of errors. And god knows how this got through a test.
Old Jul 18, 2013, 7:35 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
FT iOS app v 1.4 feedback

Can we please get this fixed asap? I am tired of having to deal with this semi-French app - I need the fully functional previous version back that worked in German just fine.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
When using the quoting function on a post with quotes already in it, there are now massive spacing issues, both horizontally (tabs) and vertically.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:24 pm

1) Is the app optimized for iP5? Maybe that's why I'm having some iP4/4S issues (maybe due to difference in screen size)

2) I have my iPad tethered to my iPhone. This app looks wonky. With the blue tether bar at the top, the app looks strange. Someone ought to take a look at it. I'm typing blind right now.
Old Jul 19, 2013, 12:46 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by hydrogen
1) Is the app optimized for iP5? Maybe that's why I'm having some iP4/4S issues (maybe due to difference in screen size)

2) I have my iPad tethered to my iPhone. This app looks wonky. With the blue tether bar at the top, the app looks strange. Someone ought to take a look at it. I'm typing blind right now.
1. The app works the same on all iOS devices.
2. Can you post a screen shot? "Wonky" isn't really something I can communicate to tech
Old Jul 21, 2013, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I use the Flyertalk iPhone app every day. Not liking the blank space issue. Should have come here first before updating it. Lesson learned.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
How can I reinstall the old version?
Old Jul 22, 2013, 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by submonte
How can I reinstall the old version?
No way that I know of -- that's how Apple works it.
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:09 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Unless I'm not seeing it, is it possible to have wiki posts in the various threads show on the mobile app?
Old Jul 26, 2013, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by goalie
Unless I'm not seeing it, is it possible to have wiki posts in the various threads show on the mobile app?
This is a technical issue.

Wiki functionality is not part of the core of the vBulletin software that runs FlyerTalk. Wiki post ability has specifically been designed for FlyerTalk. The software that runs the mobile app is designed to run any vBulletin core functions, but not the custom wiki tool. If it happens, it'll likely be a ways down the line.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Hi,

In Facebook, when I click on the Name of Somebody's Userprofile, It Automatically Opens the Flyertalk iOS App instead of taking me to the User Profile. . Is this a bug?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by schnitzer
Hi,

In Facebook, when I click on the Name of Somebody's Userprofile, It Automatically Opens the Flyertalk iOS App instead of taking me to the User Profile. . Is this a bug?
I can't replicate the bug using iOS 6.1.4 / iPhone 5. What version of iOS are you using and what kind of iPhone?
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K

I'm using iPhone 5 with 6.1.4.

It does this on my iPad as well...

In Facebook; open a chat/message session.

Tap: the (i) at the top right corner to open the Contact Info

Click on a Persons' name.

Poof: it switches to Flyertalk.
Old Aug 2, 2013, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by schnitzer
I'm using iPhone 5 with 6.1.4.

It does this on my iPad as well...

In Facebook; open a chat/message session.

Tap: the (i) at the top right corner to open the Contact Info

Click on a Persons' name.

Poof: it switches to Flyertalk.
Now, if only we can get this to happen to EVERYONE who visits Facebook...

But seriously, no idea on this one. Gotta be your end. Clear your cache?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.