Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT iOS app 1.4 discussion and feedback

NOTE: The app is not supported nor available through the App Store. The app will no longer work at all since the 28 March 2016 revisions to FlyerTalk.

FT iOS app (v. 1.4 is the most recent) is not currently available, nor is it supported. See IBobi's post, duplicated here:

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's not fixable. It's a core software functionality and can't be addressed at this time. We know what's causing it, and it would require a huge development effort for something that is essentially a minor, periodic annoyance. We'd much rather spend that time developing the new site features we're working on instead.

As to the App crashes, we are no longer supporting the app in its current form and have recommended using the full site on a mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome for the time being.

Thank you for your understanding.
Closing thread -- app is no longer functioning, and has not been available on app store for years nor supported by tech team.

Please use either the mobile skin or the full site on your mobile browser until such time as a new app is available. Thank you!
(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
What do you think of the latest version of the FT app

Overall, I really like the update app. The only thing I find strange is that lots of posts have a large blank space at the bottom of them.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:55 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Every day is a school day .. I normally just load up the normal website on my ipad. I shall check out said app at some point.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
I'll ask them to test in a non-english environment and we'll get back to you on this. Seem like if your phone is set to a non-EN language this is happening.

If you're having the language issue, please report your phone OS type (ios or android) and what language your PHONE is set to.
iOS 6.1.3
German
Old Jul 11, 2013, 9:20 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Here's something I noticed using my iPhone 3GS-

On several posts, part of the last line of text in that post overlaps into the darker light blue area at the top of the post below it and sometimes overlaps the poster's handle and avatar
Old Jul 12, 2013, 6:08 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by goalie

On several posts, part of the last line of text in that post overlaps into the darker light blue area at the top of the post below it and sometimes overlaps the poster's handle and avatar
I have the same issue on my iPhone 4 as well.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Another "maybe it's me and my iPhone 3Gs" but when viewing threads that have phantom last pages on my phone, when trying to get to the last page, the app continuously crashes
Old Jul 12, 2013, 11:38 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Shuttle_Endeavour
Overall, I really like the update app. The only thing I find strange is that lots of posts have a large blank space at the bottom of them.
Tech is working on a fix!

Tech is on this one too.

Another "maybe it's me and my iPhone 3Gs" but when viewing threads that have phantom last pages on my phone, when trying to get to the last page, the app continuously crashes
I'll report this one but I'm not hopeful
Old Jul 12, 2013, 12:08 pm

I'll report this one but I'm not hopeful
Not happy to hear this as there are more threads which have this problem than have been reported and using the desktop version on my phone is not a productive option
Old Jul 12, 2013, 1:44 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Post overlapping, and the blank spaces issue following quotes in posts, are being fixed and will resolve in the next release.

I've also been assured that new releases of the app will be coming every 6-8 weeks on average from now on (rather than the large wait times we've recently experienced) so fixes and smaller changes should be possible within shorter time periods.

EDIT: Also the global announcement glitch has been addressed.
Old Jul 12, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Post overlapping, and the blank spaces issue following quotes in posts, are being fixed and will resolve in the next release.

I've also been assured that new releases of the app will be coming every 6-8 weeks on average from now on (rather than the large wait times we've recently experienced) so fixes and smaller changes should be possible within shorter time periods.

EDIT: Also the global announcement glitch has been addressed.
Please tell me we don't have to wait 6-8wks on the fix for the uber annoying massive blank spaces and overlaps. I don't even want to use the app anymore til it gets fixed
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
Please tell me we don't have to wait 6-8wks on the fix for the uber annoying massive blank spaces and overlaps. I don't even want to use the app anymore til it gets fixed
And to add more on "the blank space" issue, it also shows when quoting a post which makes it more difficult to post as you also have to scroll thru the blank space to add your comments
Old Jul 14, 2013, 5:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
FT iOS app v 1.4 feedback

IOS 6.1.3 iPhone 4
IOS 5.1.1 iPhone 4S

1) Big space at the end of every quoted post
2) Mainly french language, some German and English wording
3) Error in the French programming. If you want to edit a post, and decide to cancel, two "anuler" buttons appearing.

iPhones are put to German and Germany. Provider is T-Mobile Austria. Not anything to do with France.

I think it must be possible to fix the language issue first and quickly. It nervs. And why French as main language for this app?

Last edited by submonte; Jul 14, 2013 at 5:37 am
Old Jul 14, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist

I know this isn't very productive to say, but did the developers even test the app update before it was released? Because it took all of 5 seconds to experience all the glitches in this new release. Maybe this app development company needs to be replaced by a better one?
Old Jul 14, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: AA 1MM; DL DM; Global Entry; MR Gold; HH Gold; Nat'l EC
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Quote:

I have the same issue on my iPhone 4 as well.
Same issue here, along with the "dead space" issue. I'm running an iPhone 4 with iOS version 6.1.34. Underwhelmed with the update...
Old Jul 15, 2013, 6:36 am

Would be nice to have the option to see only unread subscribed posts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.