Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT iOS app 1.4 discussion and feedback

NOTE: The app is not supported nor available through the App Store. The app will no longer work at all since the 28 March 2016 revisions to FlyerTalk.

FT iOS app (v. 1.4 is the most recent) is not currently available, nor is it supported. See IBobi's post, duplicated here:

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's not fixable. It's a core software functionality and can't be addressed at this time. We know what's causing it, and it would require a huge development effort for something that is essentially a minor, periodic annoyance. We'd much rather spend that time developing the new site features we're working on instead.

As to the App crashes, we are no longer supporting the app in its current form and have recommended using the full site on a mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome for the time being.

Thank you for your understanding.
Closing thread -- app is no longer functioning, and has not been available on app store for years nor supported by tech team.

Please use either the mobile skin or the full site on your mobile browser until such time as a new app is available. Thank you!
(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Old Jul 10, 2013, 8:02 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Quote:

Originally Posted by goalie

Very pleasantly surprised to see that I can now actually read announcement posts on my iPhone but.....

There are currently two site wide announcements-1 is a poll/survey and the other is about frequent business traveling and I opened up the poll/survey post and I was able to take the poll/survey but when I open the other announcement (frequent business traveling), it opens up the same survey announcement post

Possibly it hadn't been tested with more than 1 announcement running on teh same page. I'll have them look at it. Thank you
To add-it's happening on every announcement post (not just the two I mentioned above) in several forums I just visited
Old Jul 10, 2013, 10:54 pm

New Apple App 1.4

Also, PMs with a quote aren't displaying properly. The scroll bar ends when I scroll down and part of the message gets cut off.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 11:02 pm

New app version just got pushed to my phone. Lot if great fixes. Great job guys.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:35 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
New Apple App 1.4

I have a mix of French and German now, the prior version worked fine in German. Please don't fix something that isn't broken...
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muerz

Mine is now in french instead of english. Any way to change the app-language?

Did that just happen? Is it happening in the forum too?

Any of your other apps doing this as well?
Only this app is doing it. Haven't had time to try the forum. Might be since I live in Luxembourg? Although my phone is set to german language...
Old Jul 11, 2013, 11:56 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
New Apple App 1.4

Post Overlapping has gotten worse.

Please resolve.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Miles&More, Miles&Smiles
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I have a mix of French and German now, the prior version worked fine in German. Please don't fix something that isn't broken...
same problem here. new version sucks
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:04 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Also, PMs with a quote aren't displaying properly. The scroll bar ends when I scroll down and part of the message gets cut off.
Will report to tech, thank you!

Originally Posted by UnitedFlyGuy
New app version just got pushed to my phone. Lot if great fixes. Great job guys.
Yay!!

Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
I'll ask them to test in a non-english environment and we'll get back to you on this. Seem like if your phone is set to a non-EN language this is happening.

If you're having the language issue, please report your phone OS type (ios or android) and what language your PHONE is set to.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AAdvantage, Miles&More, Miles&Smiles
ios 6.1.4
set language: german

thx
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:34 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
So, does the new version finally fix the Very Simple Problem that was reported 387 days ago?
Old Jul 11, 2013, 2:57 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd
So, does the new version finally fix the Very Simple Problem that was reported 387 days ago?
Yes, it defaults subforums to open.

---

You (or at least I can't) still can't publish new threads with the new iOS app. The app won't let you pick a destination subforum (or even forum) unless you happen to be in the forum you plan on publishing to.

i.e.: Can't click Home -> Forums and publish new thread to AC forum. Must go Home -> Forums -> Airline Programs -> AC -> New thread
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
What do you think of the latest version of the FT app

Mods please move if you feel appropriate.

Just updated the FT app on my iPad, much improved in my opinion. I can now post new threads and quoting now shows up properly.

Your thoughts...
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:17 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
That's good news.... Although I'm surely going to wait, given all the upstream reports about the other problems.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
There's an FT app?

(I'd say leave this post in this forum as I'm sure I'm not the only one not to know about the existence of an FT app)
Old Jul 11, 2013, 3:38 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by layz
There's an FT app?

(I'd say leave this post in this forum as I'm sure I'm not the only one not to know about the existence of an FT app)
Yes, the app has been around a while, it is an iPhone app not a native iPad one but works ok on the iPad as well.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.