Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Wikipost is Locked  
Old Jul 13, 2014, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
FT iOS app 1.4 discussion and feedback

NOTE: The app is not supported nor available through the App Store. The app will no longer work at all since the 28 March 2016 revisions to FlyerTalk.

FT iOS app (v. 1.4 is the most recent) is not currently available, nor is it supported. See IBobi's post, duplicated here:

Originally Posted by IBobi
It's not fixable. It's a core software functionality and can't be addressed at this time. We know what's causing it, and it would require a huge development effort for something that is essentially a minor, periodic annoyance. We'd much rather spend that time developing the new site features we're working on instead.

As to the App crashes, we are no longer supporting the app in its current form and have recommended using the full site on a mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome for the time being.

Thank you for your understanding.
Closing thread -- app is no longer functioning, and has not been available on app store for years nor supported by tech team.

Please use either the mobile skin or the full site on your mobile browser until such time as a new app is available. Thank you!
(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

FT iOS app v 1.4 [unavailable, unsupported, doesn't work post Mar 2016]

Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:55 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by goalie
It's not you as it happens to me as well and it's an on-going issue not only with this thread on the iPhone app but for many other threads which have this problem and imho, Internet Brands is not really interested in fixing it (they run "fixes" & "tweaks" but the problem, still persists)
It's not fixable. It's a core software functionality and can't be addressed at this time. We know what's causing it, and it would require a huge development effort for something that is essentially a minor, periodic annoyance. We'd much rather spend that time developing the new site features we're working on instead.

As to the App crashes, we are no longer supporting the app in its current form and have recommended using the full site on a mobile browser such as Safari or Chrome for the time being.
Old Feb 18, 2014, 3:15 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

Could you also post the first part of your response over in this thread as while you might/could/will take some heat for it , it would at least put the issue of fixing this to bed
Old Mar 15, 2014, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Flyiboy
Sooo that's why I can't find it in the APPStore..
Thank you!!! I have been wondering the same question and decided to go to my laptop to do a search on why I cannot find the FT app on my iPad. I prefer the app. BUMMED!
Old Mar 31, 2014, 5:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Thumbs down

<redacted>. I normally use Android (which works fine) but my battery is on its way out. Using my company iPhone now, which is how I discovered the app is missing in the App Store and led to this thread. Frankly speaking, even on the iPhone 5, it's terribly annoying to read with the standard browser.

This is one major weakness of iPhone over Android, at least on Android if you all intentionally remove an app, I can still find an .apk via third party and force an install.

Last edited by JDiver; Jul 13, 2014 at 1:40 pm Reason: redacted negative overpersonalization
Old Mar 31, 2014, 2:24 pm

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread.

Current state of affairs is: the app is not available and not supported; don't use the app.

Last edited by JDiver; Mar 31, 2014 at 4:08 pm Reason: add emphasis
Old May 10, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVPG, AA PP, UA 1K, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HH Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Natl EE
New android or iphone versions?

Both v1.4 apps have been removed and unsupported for months. Is there any newer updates on when an app or at least a mobile web template may be deployed?

I searched but saw all app related threads were closed a while back.
Old May 11, 2014, 7:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by BallardFlyer
Both v1.4 apps have been removed and unsupported for months. Is there any newer updates on when an app or at least a mobile web template may be deployed?

I searched but saw all app related threads were closed a while back.
No new apps coming. Current apps are not supported any more.
The last couple of posts in this thread (if this is one that you're referring to?) answer your questions
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...ported-12.html

Last edited by UAPremExecflyer; May 11, 2014 at 7:39 am Reason: added referring to?
Old May 21, 2014, 3:32 am

Programs: Delta DM
Flyertalk iPhone app

Hello,

Is there an iPhone app available?

Thanks in advance
Old May 21, 2014, 4:59 am
IPG

Programs: *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Yes there is.
Old May 21, 2014, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Actually, the last I heard it is no longer supported and has been pulled from the app store.
Old May 21, 2014, 7:32 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Correct:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...supported.html
Old May 21, 2014, 12:43 pm

I'm going to go ahead and move this thread into that one.
Old Jul 12, 2014, 11:12 pm

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Wirelessly posted (FlyerTalk.com/wap is fun : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D257 Safari/9537.53)

I accidentally deleted the FT App from my phone. I went to the App Store to re download it and the app is not there. Other forums by Internet Brands are still featured. Any suggestions?

IPhone 5c running iOS 7.1.2
Old Jul 13, 2014, 5:16 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...supported.html
Old Jul 13, 2014, 11:39 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
There is a way to re-install the app manually following these instructions but of course you need to have a copy of the app to do it so feel free to pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the app*

http://snapguide.com/guides/install-...n-your-iphone/

*or take a look in iTunes under apps (see the link above) to see if you still have the app listed and if yes, right click to see the option of showing the actual file location-then duplicate it and drag it to the desktop. Once you've done that, follow the instructions above

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.