Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Not getting TalkMail

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Platinum,Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by IBobi
What happens when you try to register for TM?
Failure!
There was a problem signing you up for the newsletter.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:10 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by wwwwww717
Failure!
There was a problem signing you up for the newsletter.
That means you are already signed up. If you are not getting it and are not getting the email alerts, you may have an issue with your provider blocking FlyerTalk emails. It's possible it's on our end too, we do have sporadic problems with email alerts. Unfortunately we have not been able to determine if this is the case or how to resolve it as yet.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Platinum,Etihad Gold
That means you are already signed up. If you are not getting it and are not getting the email alerts, you may have an issue with your provider blocking FlyerTalk emails. It's possible it's on our end too, we do have sporadic problems with email alerts. Unfortunately we have not been able to determine if this is the case or how to resolve it as yet.
I was getting my alerts starting today for other threads. can u send a test mail so that we can be sure its working and i will be getting newsletter?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by wwwwww717
I was getting my alerts starting today for other threads. can u send a test mail so that we can be sure its working and i will be getting newsletter?
Good news about the alerts!

Unfortunately I can't send you a test email -- they come from a different server & address.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:38 am

I don't receive TalkMail email

LoL I probably haven't noticed this for 1-3 years now but I don't receive the TalkMail email to my email address associated with my profile. Maybe because I have a non member email subscription to a different email addresss to it I never noticed.

Today I decided to fix that. I read I only need to register on the TalkMail forum to receive the TalkMail email. However when I went to register I see a page which informs me I am already registered.

What else can I do to begin receiving the email? I want to unsubscribe the non membership email subscription but want to wait until I know my membership email address is again receivng the TalkMail email.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:02 pm

It's possible your email address is blocked? Try with a new free email account like gmail?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:33 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Also see this existing thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...-talkmail.html
Old Nov 2, 2014, 9:56 am

I haven't been receiving TalkMail for months now, even after signing up a second email address.

I've already checked my Spam folder, tried signing up a second email address (both through Gmail), and checked that my email address was correct on my account.

I would just view the web version, but it is constantly out of date - last issue says Sep 15, and before that it took many weeks for the previous 3 editions to post.

I tried to use the Contact Us page to report the issue, but it doesn't seem to confirm that my inquiry has even been received.

Any ideas for what I should do?

Thanks,

PolarBear
Old Nov 2, 2014, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by PolarBear
I haven't been receiving TalkMail for months now, even after signing up a second email address.

I've already checked my Spam folder, tried signing up a second email address (both through Gmail), and checked that my email address was correct on my account.

I would just view the web version, but it is constantly out of date - last issue says Sep 15, and before that it took many weeks for the previous 3 editions to post.

I tried to use the Contact Us page to report the issue, but it doesn't seem to confirm that my inquiry has even been received.

Thanks,

PolarBear
Hmm, now that you mention it, I haven't seen it for a couple of months now either. And I was the OP with the OP (original problem ). It was fixed and I had seen it regularly since then but nothing since probably the summer now. Is it still going out?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:59 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Finkface
Is it still going out?
Yes, it is; and I have been receiving it...
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Yes, it is; and I have been receiving it...
I get it too.

Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by PolarBear

Thanks,

PolarBear
Originally Posted by Finkface
Hmm, now that you mention it, I haven't seen it for a couple of months now either. And I was the OP with the OP (original problem ). It was fixed and I had seen it regularly since then but nothing since probably the summer now. Is it still going out?
Try using a gmail address to sign up for TM with.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 1:01 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Anyone who has missed any issue of the TalkMail newsletter can access it under the MEMBERS menu option at the top of virtually every “page” of FlyerTalk...

...and here is a direct link to every past issue of the TalkMail newsletter — including archived versions from May 11, 2005 and prior to that issue.

Just for fun, here is a link to the very first issue of the TalkMail newsletter, dated November 5, 1999. How times have changed!
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Try using a gmail address to sign up for TM with.
While I get TM (and no I do not have a gmail account) I have a problem with what you just posted. No one should have to sign up for another email account just to get TM.

I would rather you had provided actual advice on possible issues, things to check, etc.

Too often I see IB (this isn't posted directly at you since other IB folk post in this forum) saying do a different provider, use a different browser when FTers post problems.

Here's my take. IB owns a gazillion BBs. They should make sure they work properly with all the major ISPs etc. The answer on technical issues should not be oh, sign up for gmail & all will be fine.

Cheers.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
While I get TM (and no I do not have a gmail account) I have a problem with what you just posted. No one should have to sign up for another email account just to get TM.

I would rather you had provided actual advice on possible issues, things to check, etc.

Too often I see IB (this isn't posted directly at you since other IB folk post in this forum) saying do a different provider, use a different browser when FTers post problems.

Here's my take. IB owns a gazillion BBs. They should make sure they work properly with all the major ISPs etc. The answer on technical issues should not be oh, sign up for gmail & all will be fine.

Cheers.
From what I've been told, there are issues with some email providers that have not been (and likely cannot/will not be) resolved. Gmail always works though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.