Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Profile picture - upload always fails

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2013, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Profile picture - upload always fails

A member asked me for help with updating her profile picture. She said she always got 'upload failed' ... I provided her with an image that was sized appropriately and she still had the same problem. I figured I'd test it on my profile and not only found the same problem but found that my profile picture is now gone as well.

It appears that the software has the proper dimensions of the image but nly displays a single pixel when I select 'view image' from my browser.

I think something is broken...
Old Feb 26, 2013, 4:19 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by Xyzzy
A member asked me for help with updating her profile picture. She said she always got 'upload failed' ... I provided her with an image that was sized appropriately and she still had the same problem. I figured I'd test it on my profile and not only found the same problem but found that my profile picture is now gone as well.

It appears that the software has the proper dimensions of the image but nly displays a single pixel when I select 'view image' from my browser.

I think something is broken...
I have reported this to Tech, thanks!

P.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:09 pm

Just for my info... are we certain that this (profile pics) is something that others have been able to use before now? I don't recall profile pics ever being on FlyerTalk before...
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by IBobi
Just for my info... are we certain that this (profile pics) is something that others have been able to use before now? I don't recall profile pics ever being on FlyerTalk before...
Mine has one that displays when someone clicks on my profile.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by kipper
Mine has one that displays when someone clicks on my profile.
That helps -- I see the doggie pic (profile pic) and the avatar (hello kitty) in their respective locations; we just don't display either of them outside of the Profile page.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 4:40 pm
Administrator

Programs: SPG
Issue is resolved. Thank you.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Location: Between AUS, EWR, and YTO In a little twisty maze of airline seats, all alike.. but I wanna go home with the armadillo
Programs: CO, NW, & UA forum moderator emeritus
Excellent! Thank yu!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.