Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

How to request a thread move in an unmoderated forum?

Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]

Hi gang - I'm checking on a particular thread in the Frontier Airlines forum; it's the Guide to the Milwaukee Airport thread.

That thread is pretty substantial, but now that F9 no longer hubs in MKE, it seems out of place in the F9 forum.

The F9 forum is unmoderated, so I'm checking here to see what the procedure might be to get this thread moved somewhere where it has a better chance of long-term life. My best guess is the America - USA/Midwest forum.

Is this the right process for moving a thread in an unmoderated forum?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Reporting the post will get the attention of somebody or you could try a PM to one of the senior moderators. I'm not sure what might be faster, but I would try to check which of the senior moderators are currently logged into FT. (Look for the big green dot next to the report bad post triangle.)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:23 pm
Community Director Emerita

Click the red triangle. For all forums without assigned moderators, the message will go to the senior moderators. They will handle it.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Thanks gang - I'll try that!

Updated to add: I tried; no response.

Last edited by DenverBrian; Mar 2, 2013 at 9:12 am
Old Mar 3, 2013, 3:05 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DenverBrian
Thanks gang - I'll try that!

Updated to add: I tried; no response.
try again and state the reason for your request (if you didn't before), seems pretty logical to me unless there is an existing MKE airport thread in the Midwest forum that perhaps your thread should be merged with (if the thread you mention is not full of F9 related posts)
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
try again and state the reason for your request (if you didn't before), seems pretty logical to me unless there is an existing MKE airport thread in the Midwest forum that perhaps your thread should be merged with (if the thread you mention is not full of F9 related posts)
I did state the reason - essentially a light edit of my post #1 in this thread.

The thread in question is of course full of F9 related posts - up to about last year, when F9 de-hubbed in MKE. Nowadays it's like going to the AA forum to get a thread about the Denver airport; just doesn't make logical sense.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 2:27 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by DenverBrian
I did state the reason - essentially a light edit of my post #1 in this thread.

The thread in question is of course full of F9 related posts - up to about last year, when F9 de-hubbed in MKE. Nowadays it's like going to the AA forum to get a thread about the Denver airport; just doesn't make logical sense.
Here's my suggestion:

Since there is a hefty chunk of Frontier history dating back to May 2005 in the existing thread, would you be happy to start a new Milwaukee Airport Guide in the Midwest destination forum? You get the benefit of starting with a fresh canvas. We can enable a wikipost in the new thread. Once the new thread is in place we can close the existing F9 thread, leaving a linked signpost there.

How does that sound?

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Mar 14, 2013, 10:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Prospero
Here's my suggestion:

Since there is a hefty chunk of Frontier history dating back to May 2005 in the existing thread, would you be happy to start a new Milwaukee Airport Guide in the Midwest destination forum? You get the benefit of starting with a fresh canvas. We can enable a wikipost in the new thread. Once the new thread is in place we can close the existing F9 thread, leaving a linked signpost there.

How does that sound?

Prospero
Senior Moderator
That all sounds fine, although me starting a new MKE thread is a little presupposing, since my own interest is F9, not MKE.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.