Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The posts from 2012-2016 have been archived to this thread.
Print Wikipost

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:03 am

How can I enable notifications for a particular (subscribed) thread. I can see 'instant' enabled for a couple of threads, but everything else is set to 'none'. I cannot seem to change the 'none' to 'instant'. See:

Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:29 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
@knav2013 I think you need to unsubscribe from the thread(s) you want to change, then re-subscribe to them with the Instant option selected. As far as I'm aware, there is no way to just change "None" to "Instant" on a particular thread.

Wait! I'm wrong... check the box next to the thread(s) you wish to change, then near the bottom of the screen you'll see "Selected Threads" and a dropdown box, change the dropdown box to "Instant Email Notification"

(I believe there was a time where you had to unsubscribe then resubscribe, but apparently they've fixed it since then! ^)
knav2013 and IBJoel like this.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:13 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
Originally Posted by lo2e
@knav2013 I think you need to unsubscribe from the thread(s) you want to change, then re-subscribe to them with the Instant option selected. As far as I'm aware, there is no way to just change "None" to "Instant" on a particular thread.

Wait! I'm wrong... check the box next to the thread(s) you wish to change, then near the bottom of the screen you'll see "Selected Threads" and a dropdown box, change the dropdown box to "Instant Email Notification"

(I believe there was a time where you had to unsubscribe then resubscribe, but apparently they've fixed it since then! ^)
Thanks for the assist!
Old Mar 11, 2018, 5:33 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Hello Joel, I haven't received any daily emails since last Wednesday. Checked Spam, nothing there, please advise.
Old Mar 12, 2018, 10:42 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by jimdarcy
Hello Joel, I haven't received any daily emails since last Wednesday. Checked Spam, nothing there, please advise.
Hi again Jim, were these Forum-level emails or notifications on individual threads you seem to be missing?
Old Mar 12, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Ambassador, AA Platinum, Avis Pres Club, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by IBJoel
Hi again Jim, were these Forum-level emails or notifications on individual threads you seem to be missing?
Hi Joel, these are daily forum subscriptions. Happy to send an example to you. Best. Jim
Old Mar 15, 2018, 4:37 am

Hi Joel, these are daily forum subscriptions. Happy to send an example to you. Best. Jim
Hi Joel, any updates on this? Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
All subscriptions for me died on 3/7. Instant thread and daily forum. However I am receiving Talkmail emails.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jasonvr
All subscriptions for me died on 3/7. Instant thread and daily forum. However I am receiving Talkmail emails.
I started to get subscription notifications again after switching from my Comcast to my Hotmail account, but I haven't seen a Talkmail email for so long that I'd forgotten they were still being published.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:58 am
Administrator

Hi Joel, any updates on this? Thanks
Hi Jim, I've been looking into this, but no luck. Please send one to [email protected]
Old Mar 15, 2018, 11:02 am
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fredd
I started to get subscription notifications again after switching from my Comcast to my Hotmail account, but I haven't seen a Talkmail email for so long that I'd forgotten they were still being published.
So that's a big issue. A lot of email providers block our emails, and that's something that's out of our hands. Even if you WERE getting them, sometimes the provider will update their system and then we're blocked. However, you might see if there's the option to "OK" emails from FlyerTalk, somewhere in your email's settings.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 3:10 pm

So that's a big issue. A lot of email providers block our emails, and that's something that's out of our hands. Even if you WERE getting them, sometimes the provider will update their system and then we're blocked. However, you might see if there's the option to "OK" emails from FlyerTalk, somewhere in your email's settings.
I have received emails every day for months with no issue at 2am CT until last week.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I really don't understand why people continue to insist on using unreliable email providers.

People may be opposed to Google's privacy issues, but they've got email figured out. Legit spam goes to Spam, legit email goes to my inbox, and the false positive/false negative rate is effectively zero. I try to remember to check Spam every 30 days, but when I do, I find at most one or two semi-legit emails (marketing, but ones I did sign up for at one point) in there and never anything personal.

For those truly opposed to Google, Fastmail is an excellent option. 100% of their business is email, and as a paid product, they're pretty motivated to do it right, and they do.

I have friends with Yahoo and a noticeable amount of the time, emails to them (even emails from me, and I'm in their address books) get deleted or delayed. Hotmail is even worse. Comcast is one of the most unreliable large email providers I've ever encountered in modern history, with real, legit, personal correspondence and important transactional email simply disappearing--not going to Spam, not generating a bounce back to the sender, just literally acting as if it were never sent. AOL's better these days than it used to be but it's still unreliable (and as a transactional sender, it drives me nuts when someone requests a response from me and then I get a bounce alert saying "This user only accepts email from specific addresses." OMG).

IMNSHO, this thread should be limited to people who use competent email providers only. I jest, but only a bit...
Old Mar 15, 2018, 10:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jackal
I really don't understand why people continue to insist on using unreliable email providers.

People may be opposed to Google's privacy issues, but they've got email figured out. Legit spam goes to Spam, legit email goes to my inbox, and the false positive/false negative rate is effectively zero. I try to remember to check Spam every 30 days, but when I do, I find at most one or two semi-legit emails (marketing, but ones I did sign up for at one point) in there and never anything personal.

For those truly opposed to Google, Fastmail is an excellent option. 100% of their business is email, and as a paid product, they're pretty motivated to do it right, and they do.

I have friends with Yahoo and a noticeable amount of the time, emails to them (even emails from me, and I'm in their address books) get deleted or delayed. Hotmail is even worse. Comcast is one of the most unreliable large email providers I've ever encountered in modern history, with real, legit, personal correspondence and important transactional email simply disappearing--not going to Spam, not generating a bounce back to the sender, just literally acting as if it were never sent. AOL's better these days than it used to be but it's still unreliable (and as a transactional sender, it drives me nuts when someone requests a response from me and then I get a bounce alert saying "This user only accepts email from specific addresses." OMG).

IMNSHO, this thread should be limited to people who use competent email providers only. I jest, but only a bit...
So is AT&T competent in your opinion?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by jasonvr
So is AT&T competent in your opinion?
Don't they still outsource their email to Yahoo/SBC? If so, then I feel the same about them as I do about Yahoo.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.