Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 28, 2019, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The posts from 2012-2016 have been archived to this thread.
Print Wikipost

Subscription notifications, questions, problems, etc.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2021, 7:07 am
Administrator

Programs: Internet Brands
My theory is that if you have a large amount of FT notification emails, especially if you don't open them often, some email servers will just decide that they're spam and start blocking them.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:13 am

Originally Posted by IBJoel
My theory is that if you have a large amount of FT notification emails, especially if you don't open them often, some email servers will just decide that they're spam and start blocking them.
I wish that were true for mine! They don't even hit my hosted spam solution, which acts as a gateway to my mail server. It worked fine for well over a decade and then stopped working all of a sudden without explanation as you know from the e-mails we've had back and forth between us.
Old Feb 3, 2021, 9:19 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
I open an FT email almost every day. As a test I temporarily changed my email address to another att.net email address and I got a subscription notification. I then changed it back to the original email and never even got the "click here to confirm" email.....

Looking back in this thread, I see this is not the first time I've had this problem. On 3/15/2018 I reported that all subscription emails stopped for me on 3/7. Then, on 3/22 they magically came back. Same email address

Edit:
So I added an alias to the same account (alias happens to be @yahoo.com) and set my FT email address to that and I immediately got the "click here to confirm" email. I really don't understand what is going on here. Clearly the email can get thru and is behaving differently based on which address is used?

Last edited by jasonvr; Feb 3, 2021 at 9:38 pm
Old Mar 9, 2021, 3:50 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
For several weeks I've had an issue following notification links to threads in emails.

For example, clicking on the link (phone, desktop whatever) takes me to that thread and the most recent unread post. When the thread is updated, I get another email alert but if it's a busy thread or I take my time to open it and I access it from a different device than I did the last time, I'm not taken to the most recent post. Sometimes, I could be taken to a point earlier in the thread, to posts I've already read.

Today, for the first time, the issue occurred when using the same device.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by danger
For several weeks I've had an issue following notification links to threads in emails.

For example, clicking on the link (phone, desktop whatever) takes me to that thread and the most recent unread post. When the thread is updated, I get another email alert but if it's a busy thread or I take my time to open it and I access it from a different device than I did the last time, I'm not taken to the most recent post. Sometimes, I could be taken to a point earlier in the thread, to posts I've already read.

Just noting that I have the same issue too. If I'm always using the same device, it's fine - but as I alternate between mobile and PC it loses it's place and sometimes opens up the previous 'last read' position, ignoring the fact my mobile has read the more recent posts. Both devices logged in, of course.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 12:41 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by flashware
Just noting that I have the same issue too. If I'm always using the same device, it's fine - but as I alternate between mobile and PC it loses it's place and sometimes opens up the previous 'last read' position, ignoring the fact my mobile has read the more recent posts. Both devices logged in, of course.
To which post does it take you? The last post? A random one? If the latter, then same page as the First Unread or different page?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 1:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

To which post does it take you? The last post? A random one? If the latter, then same page as the First Unread or different page?
I'll take some notes on that experience and get back to you in a few days.
IBJoel likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 1:51 pm

For me it's the the 'latest unread post' from the previous notification e-mail i.e. it's as if I hadn't viewed the latest post on my mobile, and it picks up the latest post position from where my PC last viewed it.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:25 pm
Administrator

Originally Posted by flashware
For me it's the the 'latest unread post' from the previous notification e-mail i.e. it's as if I hadn't viewed the latest post on my mobile, and it picks up the latest post position from where my PC last viewed it.
Are you accepting cookies from the site?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 2:58 pm

Are you accepting cookies from the site?
I am indeed. It only seems to seldom happen and only over the last week or two.
Old Mar 13, 2021, 4:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Unlike flashware, mine is random. I run Ghostery on my laptop but nothing on my Android phone. It happens on both devices.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Unlike flashware, mine is random. I run Ghostery on my laptop but nothing on my Android phone. It happens on both devices.
My issue persists and it's annoying.

I could be using the same device (Windows laptop on Chrome or Android phone) and still be taken to an older point in the thread when accessing a new post link.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.