FALSE Virus alert [there is NO malware on your computer]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FALSE Virus alert [there is NO malware on your computer]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Since I changed to Google Chrome a few days ago, I haven't had one since. With IE, I used to get them at least once a day when checking out FT. I agree that FT needs to pick up the pace on finding out where the problem is. Or people need to stop using IE and get another web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla.
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH-S WS-G
this is the ad I see every time that the warning pops up
http://s71.photobucket.com/albums/i1...nt=suspect.jpg
Old Jul 28, 2012, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uk1
The warning pops up when you open an FT page. In my case regularly on the FT BA page. I get it for no other site I visit. It is an FT imbedded asdvert.
Thanks. My NAV never popped up (I just kill IE from Task Manager). I wonder what's wong with my NAV. It is supposed to be up-to-date and says everything is OK....now I am worried...
Old Jul 29, 2012, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Threat warning still appearing this morning. Tried 3 times to sign in to Flyertalk and each time the warning came up. Could not exit it and each time I have had to switch off my PC to eliminate it. Now intend to send a PM to person at Flyertalk and will not try to sign into Flyertalk again until I am sent an e-mail confirming the problem has been resolved.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I've got it several times over the past week, only ever when browsing Flyertalk.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:25 am
uk1
Suspended

........... and more again for me today.

I'm dissapointed that staff aren't posting updates here.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 4:40 am

One temporary solution would be to redirect all *.pl traffic (all the redirect websites are from *.pl domains) on your computer to it localhost (127.0.0.1). This can be done by adding a line in the hosts file in the Windows\System 32 directory.

This should stop the risk of any malware/trojan viruses being downloaded. Any time a redirect occurs, it would just display a blank page (or display Google).
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:13 am

Fake App Attack: Fake AV Website 20

Past 2 weeks while accessing this forum, my Norton Virus Network Security program is reporting an Intrusion attempt from:
http://threatdetectagent.pl/944euk/a...84cb2/pr2/196/

Anyone experiencing this attack while accessing the forum?

Intrusion Prevention:
Intrusion Prevention scans all the network traffic that enters and exits your computer and compares this information against a set of attack signatures. Attack signatures contain the information that identifies an attacker's attempt to exploit a known operating system or program vulnerability. If the information matches an attack signature, Intrusion Prevention automatically discards the packet and breaks the connection with the computer that sent the data. This action protects your computer from being affected in any way. Intrusion Prevention protects your computer against most common Internet attacks.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 5:17 am

I have also been getting them under the AA forum.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 6:38 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Probably from the Ads
Old Jul 29, 2012, 7:17 am

Programs: UA: 1P; Bonvoy: Gold; IHG: Plat; HH: Silver; DL, AA: Gen. Member
I also get the redirection problem on Windows Phone 7.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
I'm still getting it too, now with this web address:

http://firewalltasksprotector.pl/q88...84cb2/pr2/196/
Old Jul 29, 2012, 8:16 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Originally Posted by LiviLion
I have been forced into manually blocking all adverts from your site currently which I do not like doing as I realise you get paid based on users taking products via the links and I like to try and do my bit to help.

As FT appear unwilling to block ads, please could you outline the process for members to do this themselves. Unfortunately this will lead to members not enabling them again once the problem is resolved, leading to a loss of revenue to FT. Surely its best if FT voluntarily do this themselves.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 8:17 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
And Ive spend a few hours running Malwarebytes and AVG doing full scans two or three times each.
Old Jul 29, 2012, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Froggitt
As FT appear unwilling to block ads, please could you outline the process for members to do this themselves. Unfortunately this will lead to members not enabling them again once the problem is resolved, leading to a loss of revenue to FT. Surely its best if FT voluntarily do this themselves.
http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

Or

http://pgl.yoyo.org/as/

However, the redirects still occur for me with the blocked ad servers, indicating this is not an ad problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.