Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Two simple FlyerTalk questions

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2012, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Two simple FlyerTalk questions

Apologies in advance for posting this here, but I don't know where else I can ask for help.

1. How does one delete a message on Flyertalk? I've tried following the instructions but they just don't work.

2. Today, I am trying to post a reply to a thread and Flyertalk is saying that my message is a duplicate of a message I posted 5 minutes ago but I haven't even logged into Flyertalk for almost 2 full weeks, much less posted anything 5 minutes ago or even 5 days ago. Any idea what this means and how to solve?
Old May 2, 2012, 5:06 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
You can't delete a message, you can only edit it and put in a message like "deleted". You can click the red triangle and ask a moderator to delete it.

Are your settings to keep you logged in? If so you don't have to log in every time you are here. If you hit the submit button twice, it will post the first message, and then give you the duplicate message. I've never seen it when not posting something, so can't help if you are just seeing it without trying to post.
Old May 3, 2012, 2:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by mitchmu
Apologies in advance for posting this here, but I don't know where else I can ask for help.

1. How does one delete a message on Flyertalk? I've tried following the instructions but they just don't work.

2. Today, I am trying to post a reply to a thread and Flyertalk is saying that my message is a duplicate of a message I posted 5 minutes ago but I haven't even logged into Flyertalk for almost 2 full weeks, much less posted anything 5 minutes ago or even 5 days ago. Any idea what this means and how to solve?
1. Within 5 minutes of posting and if no one has posted after you, you can delete the entire post: just click the 'edit' button and you should see a 'delete' option besides 'save' & 'cancel'. After the 5 minute window, you can only edit the post to delete the content, or alert a mod to delete the post for you by clicking the little red triangle on the left of a post.

2. Not seen that bug, I would suggest the usual cache clearing / cookie deletion / browser refresh....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.