Can't send PMs

Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:41 pm
Original Poster

Can't send PMs

Of course heading should read CAN'T send PMs!

I've been talking to another member about something and yesterday received the message:

'You have exceeded the maximum number of private messages per day. This limit is removed after you become an established community member. Please contact an administrator if you feel this is in error.'

Fair enough, I delayed replying to this morning. Sent one PM in reply and get the same message again.

I don't want to seem rude by not replying but have no idea how to resolve this! Help?

Last edited by Mark1966; Apr 13, 2012 at 7:07 pm
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

You should be able to send an email to the person. When you pull up the person's profile, you are given the option of sending a PM or an email. Click on the email link.

You only need to contribute a bit more and the restriction on PMs will be lifted. The reason we have it is to prevent folks registering to spam others. (You want a Russian wife? I have points to sell. etc)

We are happy to have you here and welcome you into our community.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

OK, thanks, I'll try the email.

We were just mid conversation about which TB bag I was buying and didn't want to leave it hanging!

EDIT: Just tried and no option to email

Oh well, I'll post a message in the thread to them explaining!
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:36 am

Is there anyway to sticky or put this in the FAQ. I am having this issue as well and have been trying to find out why. I guess I'll email people instead of PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.