Community
Wiki Posts
Search

question re flyertalk icons

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2011, 8:26 am
Original Poster

question re flyertalk icons

almost all posts have a blue box with a check (i think) in the box preceding the texts. what does that mean? i've looked at the flyertalk glossary but can't find icon definitions. if there is such a thing, pls tell me where it is.
Old May 14, 2011, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by amarcia
almost all posts have a blue box with a check (i think) in the box preceding the texts. what does that mean? i've looked at the flyertalk glossary but can't find icon definitions. if there is such a thing, pls tell me where it is.
Have you tried hovering over the icons in question?
Old May 14, 2011, 9:18 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If signed in:

Circle = if blue, poster is not on line; if green, poster is currently on line

Triangular, red-bordered sign with exclamation point within: "Alert a Moderator to this Post" (e.g. misplaced post, personal attack, etc.)

At least that's what I see (I actually see more, but only if signed in as a moderator,) so vasantn's advice is best and easiest. Move your mouse cursor over the icon and let it hover; a dialogue bubble will show you the icon's purpose.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:19 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by JDiver
vasantn's advice is best and easiest.
As it usually is.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

The little blue icon that displays to the immediate left of a thread title (as you view the forum page) is very useful. Click on it and the thread opens to first post you've not previously read.
Old May 14, 2011, 11:30 am
In Memoriam

Programs: aa exp - spg gold - Hyatt Diamond - HH Gold
Clicking on a user's name will open up several options:

• magic111
  • View Public Profile
  • Send a private message to magic111
  • Send email to magic111
  • Find More Posts by magic111
  • Add magic111 to Your Contacts
Old May 14, 2011, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by amarcia
As a Flyertalk icon myself, I am pleased to answer your question. The blue box with the check mark is just to the left of the thread title on the forum page. If you click that icon, it will take you to the first post that you have not yet read in that thread.
Old May 15, 2011, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP
Icon AND Hero

Originally Posted by gemac
As a Flyertalk icon myself, I am pleased to answer your question. The blue box with the check mark is just to the left of the thread title on the forum page. If you click that icon, it will take you to the first post that you have not yet read in that thread.
That is what you are to me!

hoti
Old May 15, 2011, 9:25 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Plato1
That is what you are to me!

hoti
hoti? You don't know gemac do you?
Old May 15, 2011, 9:58 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I find him to be a bit grouchi.
Old May 15, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AA EXP (1MM), Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Prospero
The little blue icon that displays to the immediate left of a thread title (as you view the forum page) is very useful. Click on it and the thread opens to first post you've not previously read.
Wow... I've been using FT for nearly 5 years and never thought to press/hover over that icon. I'm glad I know this now but I can't help thinking I've wasted a lot of time not using this functionality!

On MP a couple of months ago I discovered what the holes in the napkins are for... I consider myself a fairly smart guy but it amazes me how often I discover something that is blatantly obvious to most people!
Old May 16, 2011, 3:56 pm
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
Now that this thread has had some time to percolate and enlighten in the AA Forum, we'll move it over to the Technical Issues Forum, it's rightful home.

dstan
AA Forum Co-Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.