Wiki Posts
Search

Inaccessible visual CAPTCHA for contact form

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2011, 1:19 am
Original Poster

Inaccessible visual CAPTCHA for contact form

Hello,

I was in the process of messaging you regarding a typo I discovered in my username using the contact form on your web site, but found that I was prevented from submitting my query due to the presence of a visual CAPTCHA (the application which asks one to type the text hidden in an image). I am a blind computer user, and utilize a screen reader--a program which renders the text on the computer screen into speech. Visual CAPTCHAs are entirely inaccessible to screen reader users, and I am asking that you please add the option for a user to complete an audio CAPTCHA, or other nonvisual verification in your web contact form, as well as any other web site features which utilize visual CAPTCHAS. At the present time, blind users of this site are essentially locked out from contacting you, and there appears to be no obvious means of contact other than posting to this board (which, of course, would often prove inappropriate). I was pleased to find that you have included audio CAPTCHAs in your signup and password reset forms. Also, I am asking that you please contact me via e-mail regarding my original issue (a formatting error in my username). Thanks in advance for your help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.