confirmed/unconfirmed PM's

Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
confirmed/unconfirmed PM's

On my private messages page is a link stating:
You have 7 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed private message receipts.

Clicking it leads to a page that says I don't have permission to access that page. From that page is a link to go "home", which leads to a page not found located at
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/$vboptions%5Bforumhome%5D.php?$session[sessionurl]

What is this all about?
Old Jan 17, 2011, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
I have that problem too. It happened when I logged into FT with a non-smart cell phone from the first ATL do with the then mobile version of FT. I'd love to get rid of this, please let me know if you get help.

Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 2:53 pm

The link is there to let you know how many PM read confirmations have been requested in your in-box.

You can get rid of this by deleting your messages. If you click on the link in your in-box: You have xx confirmed and xx unconfirmed private message receipts. you will be taken to a page that allows you to delete the messages.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:46 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by IBAngel
The link is there to let you know how many PM read confirmations have been requested in your in-box.

You can get rid of this by deleting your messages. If you click on the link in your in-box: You have xx confirmed and xx unconfirmed private message receipts. you will be taken to a page that allows you to delete the messages.
Ok, maybe not enough coffee for me this morning but when I click on the link

You have 8 confirmed and 0 unconfirmed private message receipts.
I get

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
This forum may require additional account pre-requisites that you don't current have. Check the Announcements for this forum to see if you're required to have a minimum number of posts already, etc.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:59 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
I am not certain but I believe this feature should only exist for those with moderator and/or admin rights and not for general users. That would explain the error messages reported by others in this thread (and one I cannot replicate as the feature is working for me).
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by FlyinHawaiian
I am not certain but I believe this feature should only exist for those with moderator and/or admin rights and not for general users. That would explain the error messages reported by others in this thread (and one I cannot replicate as the feature is working for me).
You are correct. For the general members, the PM Return Receipts had been disabled in mid-2005 by the admin (and still are).
Originally Posted by John at Webflyer
Return receipts are disabled.
It used to be a nice feature though. Here's the old thread on this topic:

PM Return Receipt Problem

However, if some regular members are still seeing those messages and links after all these years, I assume there are some bugs that should be fixed ASAP.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by IBAngel
As mentioned in my OP and confirmed by goalie, that doesn't work for those of us who aren't mods. Clicking it leads to broken pages.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.