Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback (all versions)

Old Mar 18, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: SPG GOLD
Clicking on other forum links within a forum post still don't work. I reported this a few months ago.

Last edited by sunk818; Apr 1, 2012 at 8:12 am
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by highman123
I tried on Iphone an Ipad (latest OS) - I can use and read stories just fine.

However when I'm logged in it always gives me the connection error. This happens when I'm using wifi (full signal strength) and 3G.

The same issue appears on my ipad.

Any ideas?
I am having the same prompt come up so can't get into Flyertalk using the app and I do not have Facebook.
I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still not working
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:09 am

Programs: AC*SE, HH*G, AClub*P
Originally Posted by nobody-elite
I am having the same prompt come up so can't get into Flyertalk using the app and I do not have Facebook.
I have deleted the app and reinstalled it. Still not working
I am having the same issues as well from with a iPhone 4S. Downloaded the app just yesterday and can't seem to login. Tried over wifi and over 3G with no luck.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 6:39 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
This morning the app kept crashing so I re-downloaded it. Now I can't log in and it keeps saying there is a connection issue while I'm clearly good connected with both 3G and wifi. Concerns a 4S with latest iOS.
Rebooting and redownloading doesn't help.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:35 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
This morning the app kept crashing so I re-downloaded it. Now I can't log in and it keeps saying there is a connection issue while I'm clearly good connected with both 3G and wifi. Concerns a 4S with latest iOS.
Rebooting and redownloading doesn't help.
Originally Posted by flysci
I am having the same issues as well from with a iPhone 4S. Downloaded the app just yesterday and can't seem to login. Tried over wifi and over 3G with no luck.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?

Thanks.
You're not alone.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...em-anyone.html
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:39 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
CRASHING?

Please see topic over in Technical Issues:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...l#post18296752
Old Mar 29, 2012, 2:06 pm

CRASHING

Please check -- ought to be resolved as of 30 minutes ago
Old Apr 5, 2012, 6:56 am

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Include post title when reading

Not sure if this has been covered (searching through the iPhone isn't exactly useful), but is it possible to show the post's title while reading?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I'm just wondering...is there anyone out there who actually works on the many FT app/website problems? Is someone paid for this or is it a volunteer position?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by keloutwest
I'm just wondering...is there anyone out there who actually works on the many FT app/website problems? Is someone paid for this or is it a volunteer position?
FlyerTalk is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a company which "owns and operates more than 200 principal websites in seven categories. The company currently attracts, on average, more than 79 million unique visitors per month viewing 715 million pages, with 97% of the network’s audience originating from organic, non-paid sources."

vBulletin is the software which powers the FlyerTalk forums. "vBulletin (www.vbulletin.com) is the world leader in forum and community publishing software. Customers have created vibrant communities for over 10 years on vBulletin's stable and mature platform. Developed with security, powerful administration features and speed in mind, it serves over 70,000 online communities with an international team. vBulletin is a division of Internet Brands, Inc."

http://www.internetbrands.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Brands

The folks you see with red handles starting with "IB" work for the company that has the same initials.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: HH Dia, Avis First, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, AS
Originally Posted by jackal
Originally Posted by keloutwest
FlyerTalk is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a company which "owns and operates more than 200 principal websites in seven categories. The company currently attracts, on average, more than 79 million unique visitors per month viewing 715 million pages, with 97% of the network’s audience originating from organic, non-paid sources."

http://www.internetbrands.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Brands
So, in short: No. ???
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Premier Plat, Alaska MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by jvick125
Reading comprehension fail.

"The folks you see with red handles starting with "IB" work for the company that has the same initials."
Old Apr 9, 2012, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Leumas
Not sure if this has been covered (searching through the iPhone isn't exactly useful), but is it possible to show the post's title while reading?
There's limited real estate up there... but I'll alert tech on this suggestion.
Old Apr 12, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mreed911
Originally Posted by jvick125
Reading comprehension fail.

"The folks you see with red handles starting with "IB" work for the company that has the same initials."
It's okay, I took that as a 'no' as well...

I asked the question because I'd gladly throw in a few bucks if it would get "IB" to fix these problems.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:46 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
Flyertalk iPhone App Feedback

Yes!! I can now refresh! Good job on the update.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.