Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Page Load Problem in Asia: How Long Will It Last?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Page Load Problem in Asia: How Long Will It Last?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Question Page Load Problem in Asia: How Long Will It Last?

First things first. FT/Forum has been my homepage on FF/Win XP Pro forever.

However, it's been going on and off (well more "on" than off, should I say ) since July 1st that I couldn't/can't have FT load successfully on my leisure time. When FT does load, it would hang at images.ibsrv.net (ui.ibsrv.net, & maybe some other addresses I can't recall at this moment), then load partially (i.e. with layout/outlines in texts but no frames, don't know the techie terms for this). During the page loads, FT would
1). take forover and ever to show forum page. Or
2). make FF apologize to me (i.e. "it's embarrassing... blah blah blah", says my portable FF V. 3.6.3: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.3) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3). Or
3). just resolve to the problem loading.

It also seems my portal FF isn't the ideal mate for FT since this Feb, and the browser often runs into random crashes, especially when I am on FT. After I tried the googled temp fix (deleting {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}), my FF still crashes but at least it's "less" often for now.

As a matter of fact, it took me a good 75 minutes to get on FT so I may start this thread.

Is IB performing any upgrades since June 30th/July 1st that could have anything to do with my recent issues with FT? FT was literally inaccessible to me on June 30th (early morning) for about 6-8 hours. Meanwhile, I have no problem visiting any other websites, US based or not, using the same computer.

Was there a tech break for the Fourth? Could it be any ad feeds that got in the way? Whatever it is, FT hasn't been normal for me since June 30th. Please fix it ASAP. It's been a painful week taking my daily FT tour.

ps. If it would make any difference, my FT "check-in time" is usually from midnight through early morning (local time). I've been in TPE since these newest problems start.

pps. Not sure if log-in (or not) makes a difference. I've run into FT not loading both as a guest and a member during the last 5 days.

BTW, FT has been normal in the last 50 minutes since I signed in. Go figure!

ETA:
FT's back to NOT normal and has been crawling after this post is up.

More ETA:
Problem loads remain from 18:00 to 21:00 today (7/6/1020, TPE local time). FT went back to normal about 10 minutes ago. Not sure how long FT would behave though.

Last edited by lin821; Jul 6, 2010 at 7:16 am Reason: update & typo & more ETA
Old Jul 6, 2010, 7:02 pm

We did not perform any maintenance during the weekend.

images.ibsrv.net and ui.ibsrv.net are domains that we deliver the static content of the site through. These are managed through a CDN so that the pages load as quickly as possible.

I'll pass this information throught to our manager of the CDN and see if there were any reported outages over the weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.