Search

Extraneous inserted space breaks word incorrectly

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2010, 8:44 am
Moderator, Southwest Airlines and Choice Privileges
Original Poster

Extraneous inserted space breaks word incorrectly

Why does the board software insert a space before the final letter here:
    The above is a southwest.com-specific element blocking rule for ....... Plus. The extraneous space breaks the rule. I know I can do it this way:
    Code:
    southwest.com##FIELDSET.timeOfDayList.bookingSelect
    but I don't like the extraneous blank line, either, and the box is wider than necessary.

Although it is not actually a quote, trying it that way also doesn't work:
    southwest.com##FIELDSET.timeOfDayList.bookingSelec t
    PHP works but this isn't PHP, so the color coding doesn't make sense, and it too has the extraneous blank line:
    PHP Code:
    southwest.com##FIELDSET.timeOfDayList.bookingSelect 
    PRE would be nice but we don't have that option:
    [PRE]southwest.com##FIELDSET.timeOfDayList.bookingSelec t[/PRE]

The only thing I can guess is that this is something intended to deal with long text strings that might cause a display width problem. (I tested a few strings and found the space is inserted after 50 characters.) If so, why 50 characters? I see that using a small font doesn't change the 50 character limit; 50 characters thus might be too many when a large font is used. Could a more elegant approach to dealing with the wide screen issue perhaps be developed?
    Old Jun 26, 2010, 10:01 am

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
    It's a Word Wrap feature which could be tweaked.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=38063

I wonder why the system forces an extra blank line into the code and php boxes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.