Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Receiving hundreds of emails from FT about old posts

Receiving hundreds of emails from FT about old posts

Old Apr 21, 2010, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Exclamation Receiving hundreds of emails from FT about old posts

Over the last twenty minutes, I have been receiving duplicates of emails that FT sent me over the last few days. Most of these include notifications of people posting in threads, however, I received all of these emails days ago! What's going on?? I would prefer not to have 1000+ email in my inbox in the morning...

While I have been typing this post, I have received 14 FT emails!
Old Apr 21, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
however, I received all of these emails days ago! What's going on??
Well, I don't have hundreds of email pouring in but....

I did notice one email I received about an hour ago was dated Tuesday. So it was delivered to my Gmail account almost two days late.

Could there be some hiccups in the FT email system or something that caused the delay and possible resent?

ETA:
I didn't receive multiple copies though. Only one email was delivered.

Last edited by lin821; Apr 21, 2010 at 10:04 pm Reason: Adding clarification
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:17 am

We did have an issue with one of our mail servers that caused a queue of messages to back up. When we identified the problem, we decided tha it was better to deliver them late then to not deliver them at all. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

The emails that were backed up in the queue were ones that did not send due to a failed process. There should not have been any that were duplicates. Is it possible that they just appeared as duplicates because they were both notifications about the same thread? These emails contain almost the exact same content, and since they just link to the last page of a thread through a paramater in the query string, they even link to the same place in the thread. The key difference is the timestamp.

Once again, I'd like to appologize for the inconvenience this has caused some users.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.3MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
On that note, I did get my April 19th Happy Birthday message...although I just got it last night
Old Apr 22, 2010, 5:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Have you been having any more problems with the emails queuing up? I just received a few emails, that I received about an hour ago, with replies from a while ago...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.