Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

Signatures related issues / can't create a signature (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Mar 15, 2013, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signature related issues / can't create a signature

"A personalized signature is available to you once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member."Link to full Rule.

When members have been enrolled in FlyerTalk 180 days and have made 180 contributive posts, they are permitted to have personal signatures; this feature is automatically enabled. At that time, they may add a signature that must adhere to this Rule . (N.B. Padded posts, those that are basically contentless and serve only for post count, can be summarily deleted; post counts can also be reset.)

Older, obsolete posts have been archived to this thread.

See the illustration on the first post for where to find the Edut Signature option in the Settings and Options submenu.

(This wikipost is locked and may be edited by moderators.)

Wikipost instructions: wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)
Print Wikipost

Signatures related issues / can't create a signature (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:51 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Cool Signatures related issues / can't create a signature (master thread)

Your option to add or edit a signature should automatically appear in my FlyerTalk, in the Your Control Panel under the Settings and Options submenu.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 30, 2017 at 8:59 am
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:02 am

Arrow Signatures related issues / can't create a signature (master thread)

Can anyone teach me how to make footer ?

I have typed my blog in footer, but when I reply a post, I don't see it. Can anyone teach me ? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:02 am

Can anyone teach me how to make footer?

Can anyone teach me how to make footer ?

I have typed my blog in footer, but when I reply a post, I don't see it. Can anyone teach me ? Thanks.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 2:08 pm
Community Director Emerita

Are you asking about a signature? You need more posts on FT in order to have a signature.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Are you asking about a signature? You need more posts on FT in order to have a signature.
Yes, I mean the signature. Just like this message i am replying, but there is no signature even I have filled my profile.
Old Mar 7, 2014, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by celinebb
Yes, I mean the signature. Just like this message i am replying, but there is no signature even I have filled my profile.
Now that we know the issue, we have merged it into the existing thread. As it states in the wikipost above each page,

A personalized signature is available to you once you have achieved 180 posts and 180 days as a member.
Link to full Rule.
(Padded posts, those that are basically contentless and serve only for post count, will be summarily deleted.)

Soon enough, you will have 180 contributive posts and your signature will display correctly.

(Note: Previous requirements, before the most recent Rules modification, were 90 / 90.)

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 20, 2015 at 2:55 am Reason: Update
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:19 am

Thanks for your answer.
Old Jul 15, 2014, 6:54 am

So the terms say 180 days/180 posts, but this thread says 90/90. Which is correct?
Old Jul 15, 2014, 8:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The terms are correct: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#signatures
Old Apr 17, 2015, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Don't blame yourself for not being able to see it. I think the criteria is 90 posts and 90 days on FT. When you get there, the software permission should update shortly thereafter, allowing you to add a signature.

Carol
Community Director
I noticed that the Rules on signature have been updated to 180/180. I am able to add a signature but I have not hit the 180 threshold. I don't want to violate the terms; can you please clarify if it is 90 or 180?

Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by awaite01
I noticed that the Rules on signature have been updated to 180/180. I am able to add a signature but I have not hit the 180 threshold. I don't want to violate the terms; can you please clarify if it is 90 or 180?

Thanks!
We've merged your query into the master thread.

As indicated in the wiki, 180 days and 180 posts are required.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:21 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by JDiver
As indicated in the wiki, 180 days and 180 posts are required.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
True, but I am very surprised the poster in question was able to successfully create his signature without 180 posts. He's just "barely" met the 180 days prerequisite when he made his signature inquiry up thread.

Is there a glitch or bug over the weekend?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When I saw this, I was wondering whether the person could have been grandfathered in under the old 90/90 criterion, but he/she is too new of a FT member for this to be likely.

So were the software permissions updated from 90/90 to 180/180 when the signature rules were changed? Does anyone know for sure whether this was ever requested or completed?
Old May 1, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH, EK, QR
I have to say, doubling the required posts is a little disappointing. It's taken me almost a year to get to 47 posts - since I'm more of a browser than a contributor, so it looks like another 3 years before I'll be be able to add a signature.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: UA Gold/Platinum Marriott Gold Elite, HHonors Blue, SA Gold
yeah me too - as a UK person i cant contribute to the US based threads, as i dont fly much domestic but big international user - can a moderator perhaps look into this for non USA based people? its harder for us to contribute but it doesnt mean our contributions are less valid

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.