Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Facebook Connect FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2010, 1:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by IB-Dick
There is now a setting the site options to disable the Facebook Connect.

MyFlyerTalk > Edit Options

(it's at the bottom)
Hallelujah!

Have FB blocked, and was causing my FT sessions to crawl...
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

(it's at the bottom)
THANK YOU!!!
Old Apr 13, 2010, 10:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
We have the ability to enable that, but since we haven't tested it, we haven't turned that on. Down the road, it is something that we can examine.
This would be helpful as some people are "brands" and prefer to post/interact with others via their brand, not their personal profile.

Originally Posted by gj83
I'd prefer to not have Fan pages. They cannot be hidden with security. I don't need people I don't know seeing anything about me.
Then don't post on a fan page. Just because you dont want to use one, that doesn't mean that it's not needed/wanted by those of us that have brands and fans/followers. Some of us chose to keep those identities separate.
Old Apr 13, 2010, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cheap Elite

This would be helpful as some people are "brands" and prefer to post/interact with others via their brand, not their personal profile.
Right now, using FB connect doesn't broadcast any information about your FB account to the rest of the FlyerTalk, so I don't think it'll do what you want it to, but if we do incorporate any of those featured down the road, we'll look at enabling this for pages.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medalion

(it's at the bottom)
Bless you!!!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 4:49 pm

How to transition from Facebook to regular account?

I started coming here by logging in with Facebook, however, you don't get things like email notifications this way.

How can I get email notifications to work, or how can I make this into a regular account? I tried the email&password page, but you have to have an existing password to use this feature, and I don't use a password to log in!
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

1.) Change your email address to your actual email address in MyFlyerTalk and confirm your email address.
2.) On the bottom of MyFlyerTalk, there is a section on the left for facebook connect settings. Set a password for your account there.

You're done! You can now log in with your username / password, OR by using facebook connect.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT
1.) Change your email address to your actual email address in MyFlyerTalk and confirm your email address.
2.) On the bottom of MyFlyerTalk, there is a section on the left for facebook connect settings. Set a password for your account there.

You're done! You can now log in with your username / password, OR by using facebook connect.
Thanks for this. I have been puzzling about it for a while, but wasn't sure where to post the question.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 2:55 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Question

This is not working for me. I use Connect with Facebook link.

When I go to MyFlyerTalk and try to change my email address it says my password is wrong. I never setup a password so I am stuck. Any tips?
Old May 17, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: UA/CO-GS/PPlat,AA-Gold,SPG-Plat,Hilton-Diamond,Marriott-Plat,Hertz-Pres_Circe
Originally Posted by aragno

When I go to MyFlyerTalk and try to change my email address it says my password is wrong. I never setup a password so I am stuck. Any tips?
I have the same problem, which also means I cant sign into the iPhone app as it doesn't support login with Facebook
Old May 17, 2011, 11:26 am
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
If Dick's remedy is not working, I can manually convert your account. PM me with the email address you'd like to use in your account in lieu of the FB connect

Paul
Community Manager
FlyerTalk
Old May 18, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by Red_Rob
Originally Posted by aragno

I have the same problem, which also means I cant sign into the iPhone app as it doesn't support login with Facebook
I finally got this working. After logging in via website and "connect with Facebook" button. I then used MyFlyerTalk icon and found the above referenced Facebook Options link on the left and managed to get it all working. I am replying now via iPhone app

PM me and I will happily assist as I too was stuck and now unstuck.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:09 am

A problem I was having was that the Facebook options link (step #2) was not showing up under MyFlyerTalk. But if it helps, here is the direct link for you; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/userc...acebookoptions
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:10 am

At some point, I apparently decided to use my facebook login to log in to Flyertalk. But that's kind of buggy. My login doesn't stick sometimes - logged in while viewing one page, logged out when I switch to another page, have to log back in sometimes to post a reply, sometimes not.

Anyway, I decided to log in "normally" but can't for the life of me find a password that works. I've tried every password I've used for a long time and all get rejected.

So I tried the "forgot my password" thing and it insists on sending the email response to an email address that is "numberletternumberletter"@flyertalk.com or something like that. I have no idea how to access that mailbox. I've looked all over the menus and in the control panel and can't find anything about flyertalk mailboxes.

So I'm at a loss. I can log in using facebook but, like I said, that doesn't seem to work all that well.

If there's a FT admin or something around, can you help?

I tried the "contact us" link but nobody has responded.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:06 am

Hi Wally,

I'm sorry if you didn't get our response to your contact us email but this thread (post #2) should be able to help you out; http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/techn...r-account.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.