Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Support&Services > Technical Support and Feedback
Reload this Page >

My Flyertalk showing all threads since 3/1/10

My Flyertalk showing all threads since 3/1/10

Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Originally Posted by Raffles
I can just about live with this, but PLEASE move the 'Mark Forums Read' button to a direct link on My Flyertalk. Make it easy for me without going through Quick Tools ....

It's really just 2 clicks away on the My Flyertalk page. Once I did that the other night, the new/subscribed threads have been acting the same for me, except a thread doesn't display anymore if I'm the last poster.

Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
It's really just 2 clicks away on the My Flyertalk page. Once I did that the other night, the new/subscribed threads have been acting the same for me, except a thread doesn't display anymore if I'm the last poster.

I don't want that enhancement. At least make the post prior to mine visible.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
I found something to like about this enhancement .... it seems that reading a thread on the handheld doesn't mark the thread as Read. This is GOOD (for me at least), as sometimes there are just too many updates to actually read them all and I'd prefer seeing the thread again when I'm on the PC (as a reminder for me that I didn't read the updates). Also, time outs and distractions with the handheld, as well as loss of signal, is a very frequent occurrence and big deal. Just bringing up the list on the mobile used to cause the My FT list to empty itself for the PC as though I'd read all the updates, when I hadn't even started.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 12:15 pm

Programs: NW-PE, Blue Star SeaSmiles
Not a fan of this enhancement. (Did Delta buy IB?)
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:23 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
this is screwed.....

i logged in this morning roughly 7am and logged out somewhere around 9am and note that each and every time (both post & pre "enhancement"), i always mark all forums read prior to logging out.

during this session, some forums have unread posts going back to 8am and thread listings in some forum "front pages" which have newer posts are showing below/behind/underneath other threads threads with older posts

please fix
Old Mar 13, 2010, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by goalie
this is screwed.....
Agreed.

Now not only are threads disappearing form MY FT list as soon as view them, they are also disappearing from the "New Posts" list after being viewed.

It's hard enough to track down a thread to which I've already posted, but it's even harder to try to re-locate a thread I've viewed just once. Just a moment ago, I thought of something to add after closing a thread I had chosen from the "New Posts" list, but it's not located in the forum I thought it was and I'm not going to go hunting for it.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
So IB. You get the message? Another release and another fiasco. How you guys stay in business is beyond me.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
The button did not work for me.
When I hit that button under quick links in any forum, it immediately marks all threads as read in that forum. You only need to do that one time.

If you are seeing something besides that, something is wrong. Try logging out of FT and then log back in, then mark each forum you read/track as "read".

That's it for me. Once I marked each forum that I follow as "read", I seem to be getting the old/original behavior. I didn't try doing it from any other places.

Good luck.

-David
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I'm also not a fan of this change. Perhaps I'm missing something, but in the past it appeared to recognize when I last visited a forum and, next time, only showed threads with new posts since that date/time. Regardless of whether I read them or not.

Now, it seems to show all threads with new posts since I read the thread. So if I never read the thread, it's always bolded.

In the past, if I wasn't interested in a thread, it would stop appearing when posting to it stopped. Now it appears that it will remain as bold forever.

To get back to the old treatment, I have to actively "Mark this Forum Read" every time before exiting.

I'd very, very much like to have the old option back. I prefer not to have to actively look at the title and disregard a thread over and over, forever. Or go into it just to make it go away. Or take an action that I never had to before.

This is like a USAirways Dividend Miles program enhancement.
Old Mar 13, 2010, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by CPRich
This is like a USAirways Dividend Miles program enhancement.
That's a great analogy.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by CPRich
Now, it seems to show all threads with new posts since I read the thread. So if I never read the thread, it's always bolded.

In the past, if I wasn't interested in a thread, it would stop appearing when posting to it stopped. Now it appears that it will remain as bold forever.

To get back to the old treatment, I have to actively "Mark this Forum Read" every time before exiting.
Yeah, you are right. When you are done reading FT for the session, just use the Forum Tools/"Mark Forums as Read" link for the old behavior.

I also got used to the old behavior.

-David
Old Mar 14, 2010, 9:51 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
So IB. You get the message? Another release and another fiasco. How you guys stay in business is beyond me.
It's because of us - you and me and others who provide the content for
those who are willing to put up with the technical shortcomings.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by cheepneezy
It's really just 2 clicks away on the My Flyertalk page.
2 clicks is 1 click more than is necessary .....! Plenty of space on My Flyertalk to put this.
Old Mar 14, 2010, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles
I can just about live with this, but PLEASE move the 'Mark Forums Read' button to a direct link on My Flyertalk. Make it easy for me without going through Quick Tools ....
+1
Old Mar 14, 2010, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Terrible, just terrible.

This is an enhancement like the ones we normally get from a frequent traveler program.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.