Thread is Messed Up

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2010, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA plus
Thread is Messed Up

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/new-y...shuttle-2.html

I've been seeing this thread show on My Flyertalk for a couple of hours showing guv1976 (?) updated the last post, but when you click on the thread, you go to page 2 with the same last post. EXCEPT - there is a page 3 that shows, when you click on it you get placed at the top of page 2 NOT page 3

Something is messed up with that indexing ....
Old Feb 20, 2010, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks for noticing! FT has been having intermittent problems all week with wireless posts not showing up in the threads, even though the post counter records the posts. I tried several times today to post wirelessly from a BlackBerry in the thread you cited, but none of the posts appeared. Now that I have access to a PC, I will try to post in that thread again. But the tech folks at FlyerTalk need to realize that this problem has not been solved yet.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Thanks for noticing! FT has been having intermittent problems all week with wireless posts not showing up in the threads, even though the post counter records the posts. I tried several times today to post wirelessly from a BlackBerry in the thread you cited, but none of the posts appeared. Now that I have access to a PC, I will try to post in that thread again. But the tech folks at FlyerTalk need to realize that this problem has not been solved yet.
Interesting that that was from a mobile - I had the same issues and notified Mikel, but it looked like my posts have been recording just fine off my BB since they resolved those problems ... as for the thread I referenced here, numerous time it showed your handle and a new updated date but the content was never displayed.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Mobile posts have been messed up for several days now. It sucks.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Any Update from IB on this one? Please .....
Old Feb 24, 2010, 9:49 am

This same issue is being discussed in this thread, with input from IB tech.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by GoingAway
Any Update from IB on this one? Please .....
As you know, we're having some intermittent weirdness with our database that we're working on tracking down. We're also aware of the weirdness with the mobile site, which was reported fixed but then reported as still weird. Both issues are currently being addressed, and it's unclear if they're related.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 4:09 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Here's another thread, this one in TS/S, with some indexing issues. The main forum page shows eight posts at this time but the thread just shows four.

And here's one from the UA Forum that doesn't show any posts on the main forum page. But on clicking into the thread, even the OP doesn't show.

Just a heads-up if you're looking for more examples.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 5:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IB-Dick
As you know, we're having some intermittent weirdness with our database that we're working on tracking down. We're also aware of the weirdness with the mobile site, which was reported fixed but then reported as still weird. Both issues are currently being addressed, and it's unclear if they're related.
FYI - I posted this afternoon and experienced the same disappearing act, hope you can figure this one out and correct it soon!

Thanks for the update!
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:16 pm

FYI - I posted this afternoon and experienced the same disappearing act, hope you can figure this one out and correct it soon!

Thanks for the update!
Just to be clear - Your post that disappeared was made from the mobile site, correct?
Old Feb 25, 2010, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (goingaway's phone: BlackBerry8900/4.6.1.231 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Originally Posted by IB-Dick

Thanks for the update!
Just to be clear - Your post that disappeared was made from the mobile site, correct?
Yes -
Old Feb 25, 2010, 7:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Had the same problem with two threads in the AS forum... my post and another did not show up (I was using a bb via mobile.flyertalk.com and I assume its the case with the other FT'ers post)

The threads for reference:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...ming-back.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...-upgrades.html

Both are the last posts (currently) by beckoa and Chugach, and are not showing up once one clicks on the thread.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

This issue is still out there - posted in the DC Happy Hour Thread (in CommunityBuzz) at 6:25 pm (eastern). It shows in the Thread listing as posted with my handle, but the actual post isn't displayed/available when the thread is opened.

This is ridiculous already ... how's that fix coming?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.