Community
Wiki Posts
Search

posts by some members not showing!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2010, 10:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA 2MM Yay!, UA MM, Costco General Member
Here is another example. I posted on this thread from my Blackberry (on the mobile site):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lidated-3.html

A short time ago (11 AM EDT. Sunday Feb 28). It increased the thread post count by one, it showed I made the last post and it bumped on my subscribed thread list, but the post doesnt show up on either the mobile or the regular view of the thread. I have noticed it a lot recently But it isnt all posts, some do show up, but I have probably seen it 10 or 15 times in the last week or two. Thanks.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 7:01 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Another example - overnight connection at SIN on SQ award J ticket.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 8:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
This post does not show up to a Moderator, either, even as a post requiring Approval.

Originally Posted by GadgetFreak
Here is another example. I posted on this thread from my Blackberry (on the mobile site):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...lidated-3.html

A short time ago (11 AM EDT. Sunday Feb 28). It increased the thread post count by one, it showed I made the last post and it bumped on my subscribed thread list, but the post doesnt show up on either the mobile or the regular view of the thread. I have noticed it a lot recently But it isnt all posts, some do show up, but I have probably seen it 10 or 15 times in the last week or two. Thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 1:12 am

Programs: BA GfL
Just happened to me today

I made two posts to a thread I had started earlier--one via Blackberry and one via the FT site--and now neither of them appears, although the post count indicates them and my username is listed as the last poster on the thread.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 4:16 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...ar-thread.html is showing a second page. When I click for page 2, it returns me to page 1.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:33 pm

Just posted twice in the last hr. and the post count is not going up. Is there a solution to this problem?
Old Apr 23, 2010, 3:34 pm

It just went up, guess the problem is fixed for now.
Old Apr 23, 2010, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by ssanto8403
Just posted twice in the last hr. and the post count is not going up. Is there a solution to this problem?
It wasn't a problem therefore no solution needed. You should read this to understand why.
Old May 11, 2010, 2:34 pm

None of my posts show up. I have posted a new thread and replied, but nothing shows anywhere.

edit: wow this worked!
edit2: apparently they require mod approval for posting... I don't remember reading this anywhere.

Last edited by runops; May 11, 2010 at 2:39 pm
Old May 12, 2010, 12:58 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by runops
edit2: apparently they require mod approval for posting... I don't remember reading this anywhere.
The first posts from a new member that have an active link in them require approval of the forum mod. While this likely doesn't sound very welcome (and we do very much welcome you to FlyerTalk), any bulletin board has a significant spam problem these days. This rule cuts down significantly on members having to see the Nike shoe and phone ads that folks try to post. Once you've got a few posts under your belt, you'll be able to post active links without any need for mod approval.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:18 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by runops
None of my posts show up. I have posted a new thread and replied, but nothing shows anywhere.

edit: wow this worked!
Did your posts contain any hyperlinks?

If so, you should read this thread to understand how spam trap works on FT: Post to be approved by a moderator?

As SanDiego1K had pointed out, spam trap has helps cut down spammers on FT. The tradeoff is for innocent newbie FTers like you to wait a bit longer before MOD can "release" your first couple of posts with hyperlinks. It appears you've found the right path to post your technical issues. I believe you won't have problem navigating on FT and enjoy your stay from now on. Welcome to FT!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.