Wiki Posts
Search

Post count stuck?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold
Post count stuck?

OK, arguably I don't care much about post counts, which is why the timespan from me noticing this to reporting it has been a few weeks.

It seems my post count has been stuck at 572 for some time. Can't tell you when it started... can't count my real posts since the "posts by user" only go back 500. But I'm sure it's a lot higher than 572.

Edit:
I just posted this message and it incremented to 573. That implies that posts in certain forums don't count. Is this a correct assumption?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:37 pm
Founder of FlyerTalk

Easy answer: posts made in OMNI do not count toward your post count. I notice you have posted there on occasion and those are the ones that are "null" toward your post count.

Hope that answers your question and many thanks for your support and use of FlyerTalk.
Originally Posted by AquaDyne
OK, arguably I don't care much about post counts, which is why the timespan from me noticing this to reporting it has been a few weeks.

It seems my post count has been stuck at 572 for some time. Can't tell you when it started... can't count my real posts since the "posts by user" only go back 500. But I'm sure it's a lot higher than 572.

Edit:
I just posted this message and it incremented to 573. That implies that posts in certain forums don't count. Is this a correct assumption?
Old Dec 7, 2009, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by Randy Petersen
Easy answer: posts made in OMNI do not count toward your post count.
Thanks! And now I won't feel guilty about posting in the "count to 100,000" threads either.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: Top Tiers for 2013 AA, MR, PC Thanks FT!
I've been stuck, too. Just checked my posts by user and see it's at least 500 yet my post count stays around 463. This isn't a big problem except that some people believe FTers with more posts are more "trustworthy" than those with fewer. None of my posts have been on OMNI.
Thanks for adjusting, if possible.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by dalm
... some people believe FTers with more posts are more "trustworthy" than those with fewer...
Allow me to present a clear counter-example.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 9:16 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by dalm
None of my posts have been on OMNI.
Thanks for adjusting, if possible.
It seems to be right that your countable posts are 465 as I type.

FYI. CC postd don't count either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.