Why I don't bother with FT much any more

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I don't bother with FT much any more

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 4:49 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by United737522
I am becoming increasingly frustrated at the time that it is taking for FT to load. I know it's not me, tried different computers and even my phone. All slow and sparodic.
+1 -- have lost a number responses that went into the ether.

While appreciating the challenges off warding off the "bad guys" this site preformance for this paid subscriber is been very weak.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
+1 -- have lost a number responses that went into the ether.

While appreciating the challenges off warding off the "bad guys" this site preformance for this paid subscriber is been very weak.
I need a "Report lost post" function now, I have at least 20 that have gone to /dev/null in the last 3 days. (and no it was not mod action)
Old Nov 25, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
Flyertalk has been very slow for me also. If I didn't like this site so much & the people I've meet I'd be long gone. With that said I've cut my time back which may be a good thing
Couldnt have said it better myself. This is exactly how I feel right now. And yes, maybe its a good thing the addiction to FT is being broken .

@Italy98: I have high speed ADSL 2 internet via a router for the laptop and plugged in for PC...both are as useless as each other when it comes to attempting to function on FT lately . Being in Aust didnt affect me prior to the first hacking so I doubt its my distance .

@jackal RE Twitter: Sorry I am a newbie and DO NOT recall, nor have I experienced any tech issues with Twitter so far. Maybe I was just lucky .

Now would anyone like to go bump my CC thread re the DL/NW lounge pass please? I cant search for it (thanks FT), nor can I seem to successfully post without 10-15 mins going by while I get redirected and have to start retyping my intended post all over again etc.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
Originally Posted by Downunder girl
Now would anyone like to go bump my CC thread re the DL/NW lounge pass please?
Done. Hope a trade results from the "behalf of" bump.

Dave
Old Dec 1, 2009, 4:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Just having a look at the way things are hung together in IT terms, after selecting an FT page there appears to be a site called ad.doubleclick which cuts in and (presumably) inserts the ads. Then the page is marked "Done" although only the ads and headers have appeared so far. The page then sits there for between 10 and 60 seconds (or for ever) waiting for the main text. During which time many will have lost interest and clicked away.

This seems like a straightforward IT issue to fix.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.