Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't Access Status of PM?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2005, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Can't Access Status of PM?

Was wondering do anybody else can't access the status of the PM that you send to people? Here what it say for me:

ilkhats44, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

This forum may require additional account pre-requisites that you don't current have. Check the Announcements for this forum to see if you're required to have a minimum number of posts already, etc.

If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 3:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
you are not alone with this problem. I did completely log out, purged cookies, but it did not help at all.
Old Jun 16, 2005, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Looks like a change was made to the PM process and we're no longer prompted to track when/if the PM was retrieved.

I liked the feature ... will it be coming back?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 5:20 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Still working for me fine.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 6:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold,MR Gold, Avis CHM
I'm having the same problem. It shows 1 confirmed PM and when I click on it to delete it I get the error that I am not allowed access......
Old Jun 17, 2005, 8:17 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Unhappy

Malfunctioning that way for me, too!
Old Jun 18, 2005, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
the counter for new messages is static. after sending PM, it stays at the level. still can't click to check.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
Ongoing Glitch re: Access Status of PM's

I noticed the same glitch.

It looks like we need to have the tech team at FT look into this on Monday.

RC
Old Jun 18, 2005, 10:19 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Radiocycle
I noticed the same glitch.

It looks like we need to have the tech team at FT look into this on Monday.

RC

I was just getting ready to report this but I see that several folks have already noticed the glitch. You don't get the dialogue box to request a PM receipt and when you try to clear the PM receipts you've already received, you get a "You're Not Authorized To Access This Page, etc." message.
I'm sure the tech folks can handle this Monday now that they're aware of it.
Old Jun 18, 2005, 11:38 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Cholula
I was just getting ready to report this but I see that several folks have already noticed the glitch. You don't get the dialogue box to request a PM receipt and when you try to clear the PM receipts you've already received, you get a "You're Not Authorized To Access This Page, etc." message.
I'm sure the tech folks can handle this Monday now that they're aware of it.

Having the same experience here.
Old Jun 19, 2005, 7:33 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Really strange... I thought maybe it was a change to general membership and left for moderators, but not with the posts now made by moderators.

I just checked... and I can still see confirmations... and still get the "pop-up" that asks if I want confirmation when read.

OH WELL... sure it is due to all the changes that were made this week.

William
Old Jun 20, 2005, 12:09 pm

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We have disabled the message tracking feature (or at least we think we have) for all usergroups. The reasoning was pretty straightforward - basically, the value of the feature didn't seem to us to offset its reliance on annoying and confusing pop-ups (and the type of pop-ups used could not be blocked effectively by traditional pop-up blockers).

As a result of your feedback, we've made some more changes, which we hope will take care of the error messages you have been receiving. Of course, if you see any other "weirdness" let us know.

We're sorry to have to remove a feature that some enjoyed using, but we sincerely feel it's for the betterment of the board as a whole. Thanks for your understanding.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 2:57 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Unhappy

Tant pis! Too bad! I loved the read receipts.
It was so great to know if & when my PMs were read so that I knew that my addressee had read the message & enough time had passed that he was ignoring it due to lack of interest in my proposal.
Some people place ads on tCC & don't take the time to reply 'No thanks.'

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

We have disabled the message tracking feature (or at least we think we have) for all usergroups. The reasoning was pretty straightforward - basically, the value of the feature didn't seem to us to offset its reliance on annoying and confusing pop-ups (and the type of pop-ups used could not be blocked effectively by traditional pop-up blockers).

As a result of your feedback, we've made some more changes, which we hope will take care of the error messages you have been receiving. Of course, if you see any other "weirdness" let us know.

We're sorry to have to remove a feature that some enjoyed using, but we sincerely feel it's for the betterment of the board as a whole. Thanks for your understanding.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Well, oh well! I'm going to miss the feature, but I see our inbox/outbox has been double.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by ilkhats44
Well, oh well! I'm going to miss the feature, but I see our inbox/outbox has been double.
I missed the increased capacity -- nice bonus!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.