Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Archived: Should there be a dating forum within FT? (v 1.0)

Old Oct 2, 2014, 3:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
The newest version of this thread, with a new discussion about this topic, may be found here: Should there be a dating forum on FT? (v 2.0)
Print Wikipost

Archived: Should there be a dating forum within FT? (v 1.0)

Old Jan 20, 2009, 6:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Mofomat
Seriously. If any do's or events are organised in the future, it may be useful to indicate if you're a female and whether you are attending, that way the lads know where they stand and if they'll go home empty handed.
Married or unattached female might be a good idea too... they wouldn't want to have to explain a misunderstanding back at the ranch.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
there was a singles do in MSY about 7 years ago IIRC
Old Jan 20, 2009, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BD, QF, QR/EY/GF & HH Gold/SPG, Hertz#1G
Wasn't TalkBoard requested a similar forum, years ago?

Not to mention the hooha last year about a proposal for a Single Traveler forum.

This was before the enhancements to FT as a social networking website.
If I was looking for hooky on FT I'd go behind the scenes, sound out any sympathetic TB, ex-TB, moderators and other eminent FTers who would support the idea - then come back with a proposed structure and rationale. (Worked for Gaming Programs!)

Really - I'd bet you could pimp your profile, set up a Ft Social Group to sign up supporters, try a test run Do, do lots of stuff... then come back with a solution to your 'problem'.

Too bad OMNI is open - it would have made a GREAT thread pre-2008.
Between the FB group of FTers and Dos in CBuzz, I'd bet you could round up a group to give it a try.

I'd propose a FT Speed Dating Do.

Seriously, no need for this forum now but so easy to get something else together.
I bet there are thousands of FTers who you could sign up...
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:08 am
Suspended

I really think there should be a single travellers forum. There is a GBLT, religious, and people traveling with pets forum. Maybe even swingers forum.

By the way, does the "T" in GBLT stand for transvestite or transsexual?

I would ask in that forum but I did go in there once, when I was younger, and it really wasn't for me. I think I was going through a phase.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 8:56 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
There are plenty of Internet dating sites. FT doesn't need to be all things to all people.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 11:40 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Seriously. If any do's or events are organised in the future, it may be useful to indicate if you're a female and whether you are attending, that way the lads know where they stand and if they'll go home empty handed.
Brilliant. That should make the female FlyerTalkers feel really comfortable about attending a do.

There are plenty of opportunities to meet FlyerTalkers at dos. If you want to do some dating and traveling, post an ad in the local singles column of your destination. Make sure you get those acronyms right or you may get some replies to the ad that you might not be too keen on...

Looking for "upgrade": SM UA 1K CO PLT FT seeks SF w/ *A status. Bring drink chits to DEN RCC for a true F experience...

Last edited by Spiff; Jan 21, 2009 at 10:54 pm
Old Jan 21, 2009, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by linsj
There are plenty of Internet dating sites. FT doesn't need to be all things to all people.
^
Old Jan 21, 2009, 6:41 pm
In memoriam

Programs: AA EXP "Life is good! Really good.""
I really think there should be a single travellers forum. There is a GBLT, religious, and people traveling with pets forum. Maybe even swingers forum.

By the way, does the "T" in GBLT stand for transvestite or transsexual?

I would ask in that forum but I did go in there once, when I was younger, and it really wasn't for me. I think I was going through a phase.
Transgender. And they have events, if you're interested.
http://www.gaycenter.org/eventsbydat...21--2009-02-18
Old Jan 21, 2009, 7:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by lili
Transgender. And they have events, if you're interested.
http://www.gaycenter.org/eventsbydat...21--2009-02-18

Hmmm. Maybe. I suppose it would add that element of danger into the proceedings as you won't know whether you're talking to Mork or Mindy.
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Spiff
Brilliant. That should make the female FlyerTalkers feel really comfortable about attending a do.

There are plenty of opportunities to meet FlyerTalkers at dos. If you want to do some dating and traveling, post an ad in the local singles column of your destination. Make sure you get those acronyms right or you make get some replies to the ad that you might not be too keen on...

Looking for "upgrade": SM UA 1K CO PLT FT seeks SF w/ *A status. Bring drink chits to DEN RCC for a true F experience...
Right on Spiff. ^
Old Jan 21, 2009, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Spiff
Bring drink chits to DEN RCC for a true F experience...[/i]
LOL !

Post of the month
Old Jan 23, 2009, 5:48 pm

Should there be a dating forum within FT?

Not if my wife has anything to say about it.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Earned status with AA, DL, SPG, HH, Hyatt, Marriott, Seabourn, NCL, National, Hertz...I miss my bed!
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
there was a singles do in MSY about 7 years ago IIRC
There was... and from what I understand, at least one couple still going strong out of that as well as a lot of friendships, travel buddies, etc.

But... we've seen the exact same results come out of non-singles DOs. In fact, some of the couplings we've seen wouldn't have happened if it had been only singles allowed.

Despite being one of the co-hosts of that DO seven years ago, I'm not in favor of a singles forum, segregated singles events, or the like.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:50 am

Programs: SPG Gold; UA 2P
This thread is hilarious. In all seriousness, however, I think there is a use for a single traveler forum bc needs of single travelers are different from travelers in a group, but a "dating" type singles forum seems sort of awkward.
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by techgirl
Despite being one of the co-hosts of that DO seven years ago, I'm not in favor of a singles forum, segregated singles events, or the like.
Why? The Gays, Bi's, Lesbians and trannies have their own forum. Why can't I?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.