Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Count me in for it.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:39 pm

Programs: SQ PPS,Enrich Gold, Jet Privilege Gold, HHonors Gold, NW, JAL, ANA
Talking there is no game play

Originally Posted by Jenbel
I do always think you would have a much better chance of getting a dedicated forum, if you actually started posting now, in the forum Jet is currently assigned to, rather than playing the 'I'm only going to post if there is a new forum established' game. You are a new poster (Welcome to FT btw! ). We have no way of establishing your credibility from one post and a join date of this month. As such, I can't lend much credence to your claim that you have lots to share if only you had a forum to share it in - you already have a forum to share it in, but you haven't done so to date. I do think SuperFlyBoy tried to say this to you as well, but he's a lot more subtle than me

I hope you enjoy the FT experience and share a lot of knowledge
I do not understand what is this "game play" here!!
I may be new here but there are other forums which were specific airline program oriented and there u could see my contributions.
The reason for separate forum is quire simple.. some of the things like the meal types served for vegetarian guys, need not appear in general category!! Also, after people here wants to share information and take credits or kind of appreciation!! Anyway, let me contribute whatever I can unless some guys have serious objections for such topics!!!!

Jet Airways is the first airline, in my opinion, that calls passengers (even in economy class) by name and the meal preferences (over 6 to 8 of them)!! For short haul flights (where there was no business class), I had experienced it a few times!! It is amazing to see how the crew handles the food packets served for a 30-40 mins flight!!!

^^
Old Oct 12, 2007, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by kanna
I may be new here but there are other forums which were specific airline program oriented and there u could see my contributions.
The reason for separate forum is quire simple.. some of the things like the meal types served for vegetarian guys, need not appear in general category!! Also, after people here wants to share information and take credits or kind of appreciation!! Anyway, let me contribute whatever I can unless some guys have serious objections for such topics!!!!

Jet Airways is the first airline, in my opinion, that calls passengers (even in economy class) by name and the meal preferences (over 6 to 8 of them)!! For short haul flights (where there was no business class), I had experienced it a few times!! It is amazing to see how the crew handles the food packets served for a 30-40 mins flight!!!

^^
I agree, Jet really is a great airline. ^
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by kanna

^^
I was just on the AMD-BOM flight (supposed to be all-veg), but I had requested non-veg, and they almost *ran out* on board!

I was in Row 17, so not too far back, and the crew was quite bad - very unusual....otherwise they would normally recognize status!

(I think the veg dish was not that great, because my neighbor got that, and left almost all of it, but the chicken they served me was *fantastic*! ^)

Normally, Gold/Plats (I think Plats only) get their food choices served to them first by the FA's saying: "Sir, did you order a special meal....?"

(I think this was on the BOM-HYD flight): I joked with them about this when I heard it, because I thought it was quite funny, but a very effective way of not pissing off the other non-status pax....

^ ^ to Jet!
Old Oct 12, 2007, 3:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by lallyr
I agree, Jet really is a great airline. ^
It may well be, but that is not the question here.

It is my understanding that Qatar is among the world's finest airlines but it does not have its own forum.

On the other hand, I seconded the motion to give Alitalia its own forum -- and it passed 8-1. Alitalia is, IMHO, a poor excuse for an airline and an economic cripple.

Why does Alitalia have its own forum and not Qatar? Because the deciding factor is not how good an airline is but rather how much interest is there in it and how much traffic is the forum likely to get.

Indeed, in some regards the worse an airline is, the more active its forum. That's only natural -- when we are angry because we are kept waiting on the tarmac for a few hours, or because it is impossible to get award tickets, or because an FA was very rude, we come to FT and post about it.

Not too long ago Delta was in serious financial trouble, on the edge of going out of business, and the Delta Forum was buzzing with all kinds of rumors and speculation. Now it seems to be on the track to recovery and there are much fewer posts along those lines.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
have no place to say this so here goes

Two things -

Whats the benefit of tele check in? When you still have to go and manually check in still? Ok you can pick a seat but in my experiance the best rows are never available via this method yet they are available at check-in? (bulk heads)

Flew Jet lite this weekend from GOI-DEL and was told that the front bulk heads were taken (30 mins before dept) yet got on the flight and 2 of the 6 seats were empty?? Which were taken up by others in the blink of a eye.

Why oh why does Jet offer such low miles for well priced fares? Seems like only the full fares earn miles. Only got 110 odd miles for a 900 mile journey recently.

Last edited by onlysuites; Oct 12, 2007 at 6:34 am
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:15 am

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Would people say 9W's service/seats/AVOD/etc in J for EWR-BRU, BRU-India and LHR-India (on newer planes) is same as on the 'older' planes (LHR-ADM)?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 7:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by lallyr
have no place to say this so here goes
Try here?
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:06 pm

Programs: NH Super Flyer (*G), Eurostar Carte Blanche, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Accor ALL Gold
Not that I get a vote, but I think 9W deserves its own forum. It's difficult enough getting info on, say Austrian from the Miles & More Forum, let alone finding out about smaller non-US airlines in the mass of ragtag forums.
Old Oct 12, 2007, 11:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Try here?
Can a mod move the post in question so I can reply to it, without placing incorrect matter in this thread??

Edited to Add: I guess this is becoming the "unofficial" Jet Airways thread now...

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy; Oct 13, 2007 at 5:09 am
Old Oct 13, 2007, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dovster
Why does Alitalia have its own forum and not Qatar? Because the deciding factor is not how good an airline is but rather how much interest is there in it and how much traffic is the forum likely to get.
We'll get it moving, hopefully soon enough! ^
Old Oct 15, 2007, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
Thumbs up Jet Airways Forum!

I'm for a Jet Airways forum, it's impossible to find anything listed as 9W or "Jet"
Old Oct 15, 2007, 9:06 pm

Programs: SQ PPS,Enrich Gold, Jet Privilege Gold, HHonors Gold, NW, JAL, ANA
jet has improved a lot but .....

Of late, Jet Air has improved a lot in the customer services but there are holes and hence the forum request... The improvements I had seen is because of its competition KingFisher.. For jet to become a worldclass airline, a forum is required unless people wants to oppose!!!!

cheers
Old Oct 16, 2007, 10:42 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
I would support a separate Jet Airways forum, and it is anybody's guess that sooner rather than later it's going to happen.

If necessary as an interim measure, we can have "Indian Carriers" or "Airlines of India" (the name "Indian Airlines" being misleading or confusing).

A practical problem I can see with the latter approach is that there isn't a whole lot common between Jet Airways and Air Deccan.

So probably what makes sense in the interim is one forum for full service carriers and one for LCC's.

Sooner or later we shall end up with dedicated forums for the main carriers and one for the rest of the lot. So, let's begin somewhere.
Old Oct 16, 2007, 10:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aktchi
A practical problem I can see with the latter approach is that there isn't a whole lot common between Jet Airways and Air Deccan.

So probably what makes sense in the interim is one forum for full service carriers and one for LCC's
Actually, AirDeccan's has been rebranded as "Simply Deccan" under the Kingfisher logo, and with very similar markings/colors now - looks good, and I even took one of these flights a week ago (horrible legroom though!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.