Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suggestion: Proposal For a 9W (Jet Airways (India)) Forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:20 pm

Programs: SQ-S.PPS, DL-G, NW-G, BD-G, US-G, UA-GS
Voting in support for a 9W forum ...

... but would settle for an "Airlines of India" forum. FT needs to be more forward thinking instead of references to the past and membership activities.

-A.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
I also vote for a forum related to airlines of India.
Old Aug 12, 2007, 8:25 pm

forum Airlines of India is an excellent idea^
Old Sep 22, 2007, 3:08 pm

My vote for "Airlines of India" forum.

BTW I get to see lot of advertisements by India travel establishments when I acess FT from India, including ads from 9W. So what are we waitig for.....
Old Sep 22, 2007, 4:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP 5 Mil, UA Global Services, BA Gold, DL Diamond, SPG Plat75, Hilton Diamond
Updated proposal for all carriers from India including Jet Airways

Based on the feedback here, I posted a proposal for a new forum "Airlines from India" or "Other Airlines from India".

I'd like to see at least one of these two proposals adopted by the TalkBoard.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by Jeeja
Provided there are sub-forums that the postings pertaining to the individual airlines can be organized properly!! @:-)
Old Sep 23, 2007, 2:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I am not a big fan of Jet Airway's frequent flyer program, regardless of our legendary host's involvement in its being.

I'm not opposed to a Jet Airways program forum but I'm neither a strong advocate of it's coming into being. Why? Because I think that there may be more to be gained from an "Indian airline's forum" -- one that should explicitly mention Jet Airways -- than a fragmentation of information about various Indian-based airlines into different forums, one for Jet Airways whle the rest of the information about Indian-based airlines gets spread thinner across FT.
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I think this is an excellent idea - especially as more & more Indian carriers are partnering with other global carriers. Jet participates with the aforementioned carriers, and IIRC, Air India is en route to the *A, and Kingfisher (an excellent carrier in India), has agreements with NW. I'd be more supportive of this idea than a standalone Jet forum.

Though in the defense of Jet, I did have troubles searching for pre-existing threads because the term "Jet" was too small of a word.
Originally Posted by Savage25
I'm also very much in support of a Indian airlines forum...I don't fly enough on Jet because I usually take whatever's more convenient in India - Jet, KingFisher, Spicejet, etc. With all the new Indian carriers coming up, it would be very helpful to have them all in one forum.

I've also had problems with searching for "Jet" because of the limitations of the search function.
I also feel GUWonder's suggestion is an excellent one. To have Jet Airways, Kingfisher, Indian Airlines and Air India, Deccan Sahara, etc all burried in Asian Airlines is not productive. As the aviation market in India is growing rapidly and attempts to integrate itself into the global aviation market, FTers come many important questions pertaining to FF programmes, partners, miles earning and redeeming opportunities, connections, interlining and baggage checking, just to name a few. A Forum devoted to Airlines incorporated in India is an excellent means to address this specific need.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 2:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jeeja
Would there be something in there for Saalis too. ?
Old Sep 23, 2007, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
add me for a forum called airlines of india.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA: ExPlat & 3MM; UA: 1k; KL: Plat 4 Life; Hyatt: Plat; SPG, Marriott, Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
add me for a forum called airlines of india.
I support that
Old Oct 3, 2007, 8:23 pm

I would add my support as I suspect that more FT fly Jet Airways than any of the other India based carriers. And having flown a few lately, my preference will continue to be for Jet Airways.

I would however also support an 'Airlines of India' forum!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:16 am

Programs: SQ PPS,Enrich Gold, Jet Privilege Gold, HHonors Gold, NW, JAL, ANA
count me in

count me in for separate Jet Airways forum. I myself have several things to exchange if such forum come into existance....

Jet airways gold and staying our of India, I can share much info that others wanting to know... There could be several other members willing to do that too...

who is responsible to start such a forum....
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by kanna
count me in for separate Jet Airways forum. I myself have several things to exchange if such forum come into existance....

Jet airways gold and staying our of India, I can share much info that others wanting to know... There could be several other members willing to do that too...

Hi Kanna,

The more FT'ers that you get posting here will draw the attention of the TalkBoard, who would then consider a seperate forum...

I agree - there is *much* to share with regard to Jet's idiosyncrasies/procedures, so better if it is kept separate from other Asian airlines, etc...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 1:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by kanna

I do always think you would have a much better chance of getting a dedicated forum, if you actually started posting now, in the forum Jet is currently assigned to, rather than playing the 'I'm only going to post if there is a new forum established' game. You are a new poster (Welcome to FT btw! ). We have no way of establishing your credibility from one post and a join date of this month. As such, I can't lend much credence to your claim that you have lots to share if only you had a forum to share it in - you already have a forum to share it in, but you haven't done so to date. I do think SuperFlyBoy tried to say this to you as well, but he's a lot more subtle than me

I hope you enjoy the FT experience and share a lot of knowledge
Old Oct 5, 2007, 3:23 pm

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
While I think it is premature to have a Jet Airways forum (or a forum for any other individual airline from India), I support an Airlines of India forum or some other way to separate the South and East Asian airlines, whose focus and destinations tend to generally differ.

The other advantage that an Airlines of India forum has is that it allows comparisons of programs, schedules, airline quality etc of all the subcontinental airlines to be in one place, not scattered between Jet, Air India, Kingfisher, etc. fora.

As the volume of posts increase about the various airlines of India, it would be at that time that consideration should be given to separate fora for each individual airline.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.