Wiki Posts
Search

Closing the External Miles and Points Resources Forum

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by CMK10
These comments about TS&S are interesting, would you expand on why you think so? Two people have said the same thing now about it so I'm curious.
There is much political fighting and even more bravado and calling TSA workers some of the nastiest names I've ever seen.

I don't disagree with them, but I think some people are there just to practice their arguing skills.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:17 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Let's please stay on the External Miles & Points Resource topic only.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Mary2e
There is much political fighting and even more bravado and calling TSA workers some of the nastiest names I've ever seen.

I don't disagree with them, but I think some people are there just to practice their arguing skills.
EMPR has the above down to an art form; and relative to what I've seen in the rest of FT, EMPR has it in an even more sophisticated way. And let's just say I see more FT posts than most, so I'd like to at least think I have some clue about this place.

I don't see why EMPR should be shut down, given what else goes on here -- including in the miles and points sections.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tcook052
I enjoy fishing expeditions.
As long as they are not in Manitoba.
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

is there also a parallel to those who want smoking forum closed to discourage smoking?
or not be seen 'encouraging' smoking (or 'encouraging' certain content in EMPR forum)

CMK10, are you saying there has never been anything of value posted in EMPR?
if you are not, then i dont see how it does not get into moderation, rather than forum

edit >

on second thought, my wording is unfair. presumably question is re respective percentages

Originally Posted by GUWonder
I don't see why EMPR should be shut down, given what else goes on here -- including in the miles and points sections.
the only difference would be title/subject of forum?
closing forum moves content, nothing more.

wasnt one of the points of the forum to have place for 'commercial DOs' ?
those and everything else would get dumped into travelbuzz?
how do travelbuzz (etc) moderators feel about getting all EMPR threads?

closing a forum is a lot more complex of an issue than opening one.

also, if people do not want to read whatever content they do not want to read about EMPR, isnt it better to have it consolidated in one forum? where posts/threads on rest of FT can be moved into that forum? rather than seeing the content one does not want to see in every forum?

assuming closing a forum will achieve complex desired goal is a big assumption.

re parallels to other forums, seem to recall some want information desk closed because of frequent 'tell me how to do awards' threads. but again isnt it a lot better to have a forum dedicated to that, where they can be moved to? rather than not having a dedicated forum?

and that many are unaware of content in TSS forum demonstrates point - it is easy to 'ignore' certain forums.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 3, 2016 at 12:08 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.